Secret Smile - MurrQuinn

Nobody knows it,
but you've got a
secret smile
and you use it;
only for me.

Written in 3rd person

"So, we're staying in a hotel tonight?" Joe asked their producer, hope ringing in his voice, it was safe to say they could all be doing with some down time, alone. They had been cooped up on the tour bus for the past 8 days and with another 8 states to go on the tour, a hotel room each was exactly what they needed. Time to decompress. The producer confirmed and all four guys jumped in the air clapping like children, they loved each other but God was being stuck in this bus takin its toll on each of them.

"Thank the good Lord" Sal over exaggerated falling to his knees and raising his hands in praise to the sky. Joe and Q both chuckled at their dope of a friend being so over dramatic. With all the commotion Q almost didn't notice Murr walking away from the scene to the back of the tour bus, confused he decided to follow after him to make sure he was alright.

"Hey Murr, bud. What's wrong with ya?" Q questioned as he reached Murr.

"Nothing man, just got a text from Rachel, she broke up with me" Murr sighed looking defeated.

"Aw hey buddy, I'm sorry to hear that. You're a good guy man, you deserve better" Q spoke trying to hide the giddy tone in his voice. Q and Murr had had a short "fling" a few months back, well it was supposed to be a fling but for Q it was so much more, he had feelings, they scared him
But Murr made him feel safe, made him feel good enough for once in his life, for Q it wasn't just about the sex; although that had been pretty amazing; but afterwards where he'd lay with his head on murr's chest, or where Murr would snuggle in close to him and fall asleep, his chest rising and falling and his warm breath fanning over his chest, he had quickly fallen in love with those moments, all the stolen glances and secret smiles, Q had quickly fallen in love with the little things, he had fallen in love with the man.

but it had all come to an end when Murr had met Rachel and Q had missed his company, and the added benefits. Maybe now that she was out the picture they could get back to it again. Trying his best to keep a comforting tone and a straight face in front of Murr, Q gently rested his hand on Murrs thigh and gave a gently squeeze "I'm here for ya Murr" he spoke, turning to look at his friend.

Q watched as Murr swallowed hard looking down at Q's hand resting on his upper thigh, before turning to face him, "thanks Quinn, means a lot" he smiled.

Flash forward to later That night

Quinn's PoV

Tonight's show was a good one, it went really well and we all had fun, but boy was I glad to back in my hotel room, I was exhausted. After a warm shower I flopped back onto my bed and closed my eyes, the minute my eyes closed there was a loud thump at my hotel room door. Grunting, I pulled myself up and over to the door, swinging it open to reveal a drunken Murray.

"Murr, what are you doing?" I quizzed
"Don't wanna be 'lone" he slurred, sounding defeated, broken almost.
"Alright buddy, let's get you inside"
I spoke softly wrapping my arm around his waist and walking him into the room and over to the bed.

I sat Q on the edge of the bed and went to get a glass of water, I watched as Murr struggled to get his laces undone from his shoes, it made me chuckle, I'd never seen him this drunk. "She fucking left me Quinn" Murr yelled tossing his shoe across the room and off the door "she fuckin left me, and you know what I don't even care, I genuinely don't even care" he slurred tossing his other shoe off the wall, I quickly rushed over to sit beside Murr, resting my hand on his thigh like before "Murr, it's okay buddy, you're allowed to feel hurt, your relationship just ended, you don't have to be strong all the time" I spoke softly, trying to reassure him. I hated that she had done this to him, he was perfect, too nice for Rachel, he deserved to be treated right.

"No! Quinn. I don't care that she left me. I'm just scared." Murr sighed. "What do you mean? What are you scared of?" I questioned, confused about what he was trying to say.

"I'm scared, cause now I have to deal with it Q" Murr slurred, standing up shakily and pacing the room.

"Deal with what James? What are you talking about?" I asked. I have no idea what's going through his mind right now.

"Deal with the fact that I'm in love with my best friend" Murr yelled, stopping pacing and turning to face me. What? I thought to myself, what was he saying right now? Surely he didn't mean me? He couldn't? Could he? So many questions were dancing about in my head.

"Wh-what?" I questioned, my voice shaking with nerves.

"I fell in love with YOU Quinn. I fucking fell in love with you. That's why I got with Rachel. Cause if I was with her then I had an excuse to stop being with you. Cause it seemed like the logical thing to do in the situation. I was in love with a man, the only man i had ever been with in my life, my best friend for twenty-odd years, I was in love with a man who didn't love me back. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't handle you rejecting me. I couldn't tell you cause I didn't want to ruin our friendship" Murr stated.

My heart was racing, I couldn't comprehend what he was saying, I couldn't believe my ears. Did he just tell me he loved me? Was that real? Did I hear that? Am I dreaming?

"You... You love me?" I asked, voice shaking.

"Yeah Brian I love you. And now our whole friendship will change" he spoke slumping to the ground "I'm so pathetic" he spoke, running his hands over his face. I walked over to his position on the floor and knelt in front of him, placing my hands on either side of his face and tilting it up towards my own "Murr?" I spoke softly, searching his eyes for anything "Murr, listen to me. When you got with Rachel, my heart shattered.. I was in love with you and you left me.. I wanted you, I still want you" I whispered softly, running my thumb over his cheek.

"Don't say that Quinn, don't say it just because I told you that I loved you" he spoke, tears slipping from the side of his eyes.

"Listen here James Murray. I am in love with you, I have been for a long time. I just want to be the one to wake up next to at 7am on a Sunday morning. I want to be the person to send you text messages telling you how much I love you, how much I'm missing you, how beautiful you are to me. I want to be your afternoon fuck and your 10pm snuggles when you've had a rough day. When will you understand that I want you on your good and bad days. I want you on the days where you can't drag yourself out of bed. I want you on the days where you're dancing around our kitchen in your underwear to fucking Yani. I look at you and I see my whole world and I ask myself how could I ever let you go. I know that no matter what happens, I'll always find you. In this life and in the next. I'll always come find you, I'll never let you go" I spoke so fast it came out as one whole sentence, it left me breathless. I'd held it in so long, dreamed of telling him, my hands were shaking, my heart was racing, my stomach was one big knot.

"Bri.." Murr spoke "just kiss me god damnit Murray. Just kiss me." I rushed, pulling his face into mine and pressing my lips to his, I missed how he felt in my arms, I missed how his lips fit perfectly with mine, how our heartbeats sync together into one when we are together. I missed how he made me feel like nothing else mattered in the world.