Lets get married - JoeQuinn

3rd person PoV

It was Joe and Brian's 2nd Christmas together as a couple, and not in secret. They were able to spend their Christmas with each other and their families and friends. They were able to wake up in the morning in each other's arms, and wish each other a merry Christmas with soft kisses and gentle touches. They were able to make Christmas breakfast and watch Christmas movies and listen to Christmas songs as they sat around the Christmas tree they had both decorated. It was perfect.

Brian's PoV

"What time is Sal and Murr coming over at baby" I called to Joe who was busying himself in the kitchen preparing dinner for our friends.

"5pm. The guys will probably come earlier though, you know how excited Murr gets about Christmas" Joe called his answer through to the living room where I was situated.

"Okay baby, do you want some help" I called out in response.

"Nope, all done." Joe smiled as he walked over and took his seat on the sofa beside me, wrapping his arm around my neck and pressing a soft kiss to my cheek.

"Mmm good, are we gonna do presents before dinner or after?" I spoke, giddiness clear in my voice. Not about opening presents but about giving Joe his present.

"Probably before, I don't think Murr will be able to wait" Joe chuckled in response.

-------------------4.30pm--------------------

"Hey guys! Murr and Sal yelled in sync as they came through the front door.

"In here guys." I called through from the living room as I heard them padding along the hallway to meet us in the living room.

"Merrrrrrrryyy christmasssss" Murr yelled throwing his hands in the air as he barged through the door with a grin that kissed his eyes.

"Merry Christmas boys!" Joe spoke, standing from his seat on the couch and greeting both our friends with a warm hug before busying himself In the kitchen with dinner Murr following after like a lost puppy hoping for scraps of food.

"You nervous?" Sal smiled as he slumped down on the couch beside me. He was the closest person to me besides Joey, if there was something I couldn't tell Joe, it would be Sal that I would go to. So he's known for three months about my plans for the day.

"Yeah I'm shittin' it buddy" I confessed, tapping my foot frantically on the floor in front of me.

"You know he loves you Q, no need to be nervous" Sal smiled softly in a comforting way.

"Presentssssss" Murr came running through with a chuckling Joe following on behind him.

"Let's open presents! Please!" He whined like a kid - well - like a kid at Christmas.

I watched as sal and Murr took a seat in front of the tree that housed the mountains of gifts, Joe taking a seat beside me on the couch closest to the tree making it easy enough for him to lean over and reach presents.

"Okaaaaaay. This ones for Sal from Q." Murr spoke pulling gifts from the tree and handing them out, giggling away happy as Larry when he came to one that was for himself. It went on like this for about half an hour till the tree was bare and there was a mountain of wrapping paper torn and discarded to the side. We had all been well and truly spoiled this year.

Joe had given me an engraved photo album, a single photo on each page. From the first day we met, leading to an empty page with Christmas 2015 scrawled on the bottom. It was perfect and took everything in me to not cry.

"Oh wait. There's one more." I swallowed hard as sal smiled over at me, reaching into the tree and pulling a small black box with a red tag attached. "Joey, love Brian" he read allowed, a smirk prominent on his face

"I'll get that one" I stood leaning over and taking it from Sal's hands, taking a deep breath as I stared at the small box in my shaking hands. I can't do this.. I thought to myself. "Q" sal whispered snapping me out of my thoughts, he gave me a reassuring nod and I exhaled deeply before turning and looking to Joe.

He sat on the couch and just smiled up at me, his bright blue eyes staring straight into my soul. In that moment the nerves disappeared, nothing else mattered cause I was looking at the man who I was in love with, who I was hopelessly in love with.

"Joey-" I spoke, softly. "Baby you already got me enough" Joe cut me off "nothing will ever be enough Joey, I wanna give you the world and I'm gonna do my damned hardest to do that every day" I spoke, crouching down infront of him and taking his hand in my free hand, my other clutching the small box.

"Joey, you know how much you mean to me. I am so in love with you and I have been for so very long. You're my favourite thing in the world. You're my best friend, my whole world, the love of my life and I don't want to ever have to spend a day without you. I want to grow old with you by my side and have a whole bunch of babies. You're my guy, and I will do anything and everything in my power to make you half as happy as you make me every day. I don't want to spend another day without you as my husband-" I stopped slowly raising the small box and opening it to reveal a plain gold wedding band "will you marry me?" I questioned, taking a deep breath as I tried to read his face, searching his eyes for any hint of feeling. My breath catching in my throat as I waited. I could hear Sal and Murr squeaking in the background but my only focus was the beautiful man in front of me.

"Yes, I will" Joe answered after what felt like a lifetime "let's get married baby" he smiled down at me, placing his hands on either side of my face and pulling me in for a soft kiss. His smile pressed gently against my own. I heard Murray and Sal nursing out on cheers and screams and joy. This was perfect.