️Well that was unexpected - SalMurr

It was only a smile but my heart it went wild, I wasn't expecting that, just a delicate kiss, anyone could've missed, I wasn't expecting that
______________________________

Sal's PoV
What a day I thought to myself as I sat in the drivers seat of my car, while filming today Q and Murr had an argument and what struck me as unusual was that I was stepping in on the defence for Murr. I mean it's no secret that Murr and I aren't the closest, we clash, he's an asshole but I must admit I respect the hell outta the guy and I love him.

Often we all take the piss out of Murr, talking about him not getting girls or how they run a mile from him, Brian had taken it too far today and I could see how much it had genuinely hurt Murr, I knew how he felt though cause when the guys go on about my issues with germs and make a mockery of me constantly it wears me down, also The guys tore into me about my sexuality since I came out to them last year so I knew how it felt, so I felt like I needed to defend Murr.

I was tore from my thoughts with a knock on my window. Turning I saw Murr standing leaning down, I put the window down

"Hey sal, could you drop me home? I got a lift with Joe this morning but he has to go meet Bessy" he asked politely

"Sure thing bud, jump in" I replied with a smile. James smiled that huge smile that got everyone else smiling with him and thanked me.

I thought about how nice Murray genuinely was, I had never taken the time to appreciate him as a person cause I'd been so caught up in the things that annoyed me about him, but there was so much more to him. He was a really attractive guy, he had one of the most addictive smiles I had ever seen, one that when you seen him smile you couldn't help but smile with him, he kept himself in shape which I could appreciate, he was very determined which is an amazing quality, sure he may be balding but he suits it in a strange way, he dresses well and is well spoken, he's intelligent and that's very attractive.. And to top it all off he's hilarious, I mean hands down one of the funniest people in the world.

"Hey, Murr" I said breaking the silence in the car as I drove.

"Yeah..?" He turned to look at me.

"Ya know to take no notice of what Brian says? Or any of us for that matter? We just like messin cause it's so fucking easy with you." I said feeling a pang of guilt.

"I mean like, you're an attractive guy, you're smart and your funny and you dress well and you've got a wonderful figure" I added "any girl would be lucky to have you, you're one of the best people I know and I wouldn't have chosen anyone else for a best friend, I love ya buddy" I finished glancing over at him.

I saw a hint of a tear on the side of his eyes but he whipped his hand up to catch it quickly before I noticed but he was too late, I reached over with my free hand and squeezed his leg just above the knee in reassurance keeping my gaze firmly on the road, I felt the muscles in his leg tense under my grip before they relaxed. I left my hand there just to let him know I cared how he felt but what happened next really took me a back, I felt his hand rest over the top of mine, the spark that I felt travel up my arm at the contact confused me, I mean this was Murr sitting across from me, I risked a glance over at him and saw as he looked down at your hands connected on his leg and a large gulp passed through his throat, I watched the way his jaw tensed and the muscles in his neck contracted, it got me a little hot under the collar.

I forced myself to turn away and focus on the road, I didn't understand where these feelings had come from, was I attracted to Murr? I surely couldn't be attracted to Murr. Could I?

I pulled up outside of Murrs apartment and turned the engine off, Murr removed his hand to unbuckle his belt and I pulled my hand back over to my own side of the car.

"Th..thanks Sal." Murr spoke "for today, for what you said, just for being you" he added and smiled at me.

"No problem Murray" I replied as he leaned in to give me a hug.

I hesitated before wrapping my hands around his waist, he smelled good I thought to myself, it was the that I felt his finger tips softly grazing over the sensitive skin at the back of my neck, a shiver ran through my body at his touch, I swallowed hard and tried to even my ever quickening breathing, the anticipation of what he was doing was making my stomach flip, I felt his fingers run through the back of my hair and another shiver ran through me, I knew he could feel it too cause I could feel his breath quickening and fanning over my ear. I had to get out of this situation I thought, this is James Murray, he's not even gay I thought to myself.

I pulled back slightly to look at him.

"Murr.." I said but I was cut of by the unexpected presence of his lips capturing mine. My head was reeling, my best friend was kissing me, I felt his teeth tugging at my bottom lip and I realised that I hadn't returned his kiss, and so I did, I moulded my lips with his, getting so lost in the moment, I tried to ignore the fact that it was My best friend I was kissing but if I'm honest that only made it hotter. Murr pulled away completely and got out the car before closing the door he leaned in and spoke..

"Thanks Sal" and he flashed that wonderful toothy smile that i loved.

And then he was gone, I couldn't move, I was frozen in place, trying to comprehend what had just happened.

I was dumbfounded.

'Well that was unexpected' I thought to myself.