Something new - JoeMurr

Murray was drunk.

He wasn't completely off your face, can't stand drunk, but he was definitely past tipsy. He was a jolly drunk, Joe was glad of this, he was glad that as his best friend he didn't have to go and stop him from starting fights with people he wouldn't dare look at twice sober.

They were currently walking up the stairs to Murr's flat, as he didn't trust him to get home safely in this state alone, Joe being the only sober one of the group was always designated driver.

Pushing open the door, Joe pulled his drunken best friend in behind him.

"Y'no," he was slurring out, flopping onto the sofa, "that girl was totally-" he broke off and hiccuped, Joe had to suppress the quiet giggle from thinking how adorable it was, "up for it. Why'd ya make me leave joey?"

Rolling his eyes, Joe replied. "Because you're smashed buddy." Murr sat upright on the couch and turned to face the kitchen where his friend stood at the sink filling a glass with water for him, resting his elbows against the back of the sofa. "I'm drunk, Joey, really really drunk." A soft giggle followed his confession

"I know," the other replied, running his free hand through his messy hair and walking towards the drunken idiot slumped on the couch. Handing Murray the cold glass of water and instructing him to drink.

Half-way through the glass, Murr had paused, turning to face Joe. "I want to thank you Joey," he started, staring intently into the other man's face. His words were softened by the alcohol, but sincere all the same. Joe raised an eyebrow. "Eh, for what man?" "For a lot of things," Murr continued, waving his hand about for emphasis.

James had paused, looking away from Joe and frowning in thought. "For being my best friend and for always sticking up for me when the other guys have a go." He continued finishing his sentence with a hiccup. Slowly, Joe nodded. "Well, thanks Murray. You're a good friend too."

A comfortable silence had coated the air between the two men but something knotted in joe's stomach. It wasn't quite guilt, it was closer to discomfort than anything else. Discomfort because he hadn't felt like he had been a good friend to Murr, not really. He'd lied and well not lied but he hadn't told him something he should have years ago, that he was in love with him.

"Murr..." Joe began, looking straight ahead deciding that it was time to stop denying his feelings.

"Mmhmm?" was the reply, and Joe turned his head to see the other man with a hopeful puppy look in his eyes. He was consumed, suddenly, by a wave of love and affection, and Joe felt something fill up behind his eyes. Fuck Joe thought, he was adorable.

Still looking at him with that unbearably cute expression on his face, Murr tilted his head in confusion. "What did you want?"

Joe smiled softly. "Nothing man, it was nothing." Joe sighed, fear over taking and changing his mind.

Murr stared at him a little closer. "Are you sure joey?"

"Yep," he replied tartly, looking away.

"You're sure? Cause I don't believe you.." Murr hiccuped, pressing Joe for an answer. Joe simply looked away. "Just leave it, would ya." He bit. Murr then proceeded to poke him in the chest. "Nope, nope, nope. No can do." He was grinning. "Come on, time to get you to bed." Joe spoke trying to change the subject. Although failing. "Nuh-uh." Murr shook his head. "Not until you tell me what you were going to say." He pouted.

Joe thought, with the small part of his brain that wasn't freaking out, that Murray seemed a lot less drunk than he originally was when they'd been driving back to the flat. "I won't tell you," he said resolutely. Murr had raised an eyebrow. "You're sure about that buddy?" He knelt up on the sofa and swivelled, moving his legs so that he was straddling Joe. "You're sure?" he asked again, his voice low as he leant closer to his friend.

Choking, Joe leaned as far away as he could. "What are you doing?" he hissed, eyes darting from side to side as he tried to push himself further into the couch away from Murrs advancing form.

Slowly, Murr leant down until his thighs were pressed tight against joes, wiggling against the other man's crotch. He bit his lip, his eyes twinkling, as he felt Joe jerk beneath him at the friction.

Joe swallowed, hard.

"Murr..." he began huskily, ready to scold Murr for his actions. Then he thought better of it, he'd wanted this for so long, so long.. "Fuck it." He muttered and grabbed the back of the other man's neck, pulling him even closer and kissing him. He was kissing James Murray, like he'd been dreaming about for years. Their lips met savagely, heat and teeth and panting; but there was a beauty there too. It was exciting, hungry, and terrifying all at once.

Murray pressed himself even closer to joe, their chests held tight together as they gasped for breath. Joe dipped his tongue into the heat of his best friend's mouth, feeling a moan swell in his throat that he couldn't prevent.

"Fuck Joe," Murr muttered against joes lips as he groaned. "I need...you" he moaned as Joes lips trailed to his neck and tugged at his shirt, ripping it off only to groan in frustration at the T-shirt underneath, Murr chuckled. "Shall we take this elsewhere?" He smirked down at joes flushed face.

Joe pulled back, and for a moment Murr was afraid that he would stand up, and decide it had been a mistake.

Murr stood up - and pulled Joe up with him. Overcome once more, Joe ravaged his mouth again, his hands sliding underneath murrs t shirt to trace his fingertips over his lightly toned back.

He had nearly lost all sense of what was going on outside of the feel of their bodies, grinding against each other, before Murray had reminded him with a breathy sigh that they were going to take it to the bedroom, and they stumbled across the floor, their shins nudging the table and the sofa before they made it through to Murrs bedroom.

The rest of the night was filled with heated touches and moaning names and  first times for both of them, it was filled with lust and desire and gentleness.

It wasn't until the early hours of the morning they had calmed down and lay in comfortable silence. Murrs head was on joes chest, the bed covers down around their ankles somewhere as Joe gently held murr close to him. Both of them covered in a light sheen of sweat, their hearts still beating slightly heavy rhythms as they lay, basking in the comfort of each other.

Joes hand trailing softly up and down Murrs side;  "I love you," Murr whispered into the room, and joes hand paused briefly from where it ran. The alcohol was all gone from his system now - if joe had paused to think about it, he would have wondered if there had ever been any at all. Murr turned his head on joes chest and looked at him, their eyes meeting as their hands found each other in the folds of the sheet and intertwined "I love you too" Joe smiled softly down at the man beside him.

They didn't say anything else as they both slipped into slumber, legs twisted and fingers still knotted together.