Just Friends - JoeQuinn

Quinns pov (written in the lyrics of the song in header)

“why joe?” I questioned, “why now? Why does it have to end now?” I added.

“it just feels like the right time brian. Like it was fun and all, but we’re not getting any younger and I need to settle down. Fun, is well fun but there comes a time when you need to stop just ‘having fun’ and get serious. That time is now, for me.” Joe conquered.

Defeat and heartbreak clear on my face as the man I loved told me we were over. Of course for Joe it wasn’t about love. It was about a quick fuck to relieve frustration whenever we wanted or needed, and sure that’s how it had started for me as well but then I went and fell in love with the idiot, didn’t I.

I always thought Joe knew how I felt about him. But right now, if he did know. It was evident he didn’t care. He was leaving me.

“hey. We will still be friends bud, I'm not goin' anywhere.” Joe spoke softly, sensing that I was upset about the situation.

Hearing him call me ‘bud’ and the dreaded we can still be friends, had my heart breaking. I didn’t want to be his friend, I wanted to be his everything.

“you say, you don’t want to lose it all.. but we cant go back to how we were..” I spoke, tears threatening to spill from my eyes as I spoke.

“you say that you still want me in your life.. but is being friends your way to say goodbye?” I added, as I allowed a stray tear to slide down my face. I felt helpless, I felt hurt and rejected. I loved Joe Gatto and I was sure he knew it.

I'm not saying goodbye Brian, we've been friends forever and I don’t want to lose that. I just cant do this anymore” he muttered his hands gesturing the space between us.

“well I’ll tell you this.. I don’t really wanna be your friend, or to see you loving someone else.” I sobbed, I'm not gonna do that” my throat grew tight as the tears ran freely down my face, I couldn’t control my emotions anymore, I was losing everything I ever wanted and he needed to know that it was killing me.

“I wish nothing but happiness for you joe, but I'm not gonna be your friend, no we aren’t going to be just friends… I’d rather lose it all” I spoke again. I could see the confusion and sympathy on joes face as he watched me crumple in front of him. He had rarely seen me like this, I was always the tough guy, tucking my emotions and feelings aside and painting that fake ass smile on my face. I could see the pained look on his face as he realized he was the reason I was hurting. And I couldn’t do anything to control myself.

“brian.. i.. I'm sorry” he whispered.

“I guess, I should be thanking you for all the ups and downs we went through, now I've got the strength to say but cutting the ropes with you si the only way, it’s the only way I will survive this joe” I sobbed, my legs giving way beneath me as I fell to the floor.

“brian I don’t want to lose you, please you're my best friend” joe begged.

“I don’t really wanna be your friend, I'm not gonna do that.. I hope you find happiness, but were not gonna be just friends. Id rather lose it all joe. If you're not all mine then id rather lose everything” I finished. I couldn’t say anymore, my throat was tight and my breaths were shallow, the tears stained my cheeks as they fell from my eyes.

“Brian..” joe spoke as he lowered himself to my level his hand reaching to touch my face. I shuffled back to avoid the contact.

“goodbye joe.”  Whispered, bringing my gaze to meet his. I watched a stray tear fall from his eye as he watched me fall apart. I was mourning love and he was mourning friendship.

"I love you” I whispered as I watched him stand before me and turn to walk away. And with the close of the door behind him, I fell apart.

A/N :- sorry this is relatively depressing but it's hits home with my current situation. So please be gentle.