I cant.. (Pt 1) - VulQuinn

Sal's PoV

For the past two weeks Brian had been distant with me and now sitting across from him in this fancy restaurant I was close to tears. He wouldn't look at me, he barely spoke to me, he didn't smile or laugh and he barely touched his food. The way his behaviour was making me feel proved just how much I loved him, I hopelessly loved him.

"This place is nice.. " I whispered trying to break the silence.

"yeah.." Brian replied.

I sighed and stared down at the plate of food in front of me, what was going on, had somethings happened? Had I done something? My mind was reeling. He had asked me out to dinner tonight, if he didn't want to be here then why had he bothered? Brian and I had only been officially a couple of months but I knew I loved him from the first time he kissed me. We hadn't told each other that, but I'm sure he knew how I felt.

We finished our meal and left, got into Brian's car and he drove to my house. The drive was silent, the walk from the car to my front door was silent and the first five minutes of us being in my house was silent. I had enough.

"Brian, what's going on with you? What's wrong?" I questioned, sitting on the chair across from him at my dining table and reached my hand across to rest on his but he quickly pulled his hands away from me.

"I..I can't do this Sal, I'm sorry but i can't be with you" Brian spoke, not able to look me in the eye, he just turned his face away and closed his eyes.

"What.. You don't mean that Brian, I know you don't mean that.." My voice cracked as I replied shakily.

"Sal I can't I'm sorry, I just can't." He almost whispered in response.

I stood from my position at the table and walked round to him, kneeling in front of him, I placed my hands on either side of his face and turned him to face me, he flinched at the contact and it broke my heart..

"Brian, please, don't do this.. You can't do this" I pleaded, tears streaming from my eyes.

"Sal.." He tried to interject.

"No Quinn, you can't leave me. You can't leave me because I am in love with you, I am so hopelessly in love with you.." I sobbed leaning up to rest my forehead against his. I felt his hands on either side of my face as he pushed me back slightly and searched my eyes with his own.. He opened his mouth as if to speak but then closed it again without a sound, we sat like that for what seemed like forever before he spoke again.

"Sal..I.." He stared into my eyes and started, before sighing, letting me go and standing up.. "I'm sorry. I can't. I'm not ready for this" he whispered and with that he turned and walked away from me.. From us. He was gone. I was broken.

Sadness consumed me and I collapsed in a bundle of tears and broken pieces on my kitchen floor. He had left me.