Hangover

Chapter 13

Hangover.

A long yawn escapes my lips as I feel myself get pulled back to the land of the living. Again something bumps into my chest. With a groan I scratch the spot on my chest. 'Let me sleep June, it's Sunday.' Again something bumps against my chest. This time I force my eyes open to see why June-May keeps bugging me. With a frown I look around the room and slowly remember that I'm not at home. The faint smell of strawberries makes me smile. I pull the blanket a bit closer and tighter over my shoulders and close my eyes again. My eyes shoot open again and I look down at the blanket. I didn't fall asleep with a blanket. Again something bumps into my chest. This time I pull the blanket up to see who or what is bumping in to me every time. A chuckle escapes my lips to see Vanessa has somehow nestled herself between me and the back of the couch.

'Hmm, I love you to.' Vanessa mumbles with her eyes still closed. I watch Vanessa give the air a kiss, making me chuckle again. Seeing Vanessa like this I can't help but want to give Vanessa a hug. As my arm touches Vanessa her eyes flutter open. It takes her a moment to realize I'm awake as well. When she does realize I'm a wake her cheeks flair up.

'Good morning sleeping beauty.' Teasingly I wink once at Vanessa, making her cheeks burn even more.

'Good morning.' With a laugh I wrap my arm around Vanessa and pull her in a hug. Hopefully I'll be able to keep this shy Vanessa all to myself, wouldn't that be a fun thing.

'How was your sleep?' Vanessa quickly looks away from me, trying to hide her reddened cheeks again.

'Heavenly. I was kind of shocked to when I noticed you left me sleeping alone in the bed.' Vanessa's red cheeks lessen while I can feel a clear feeling of hurt and anger. Well I can't really blame her for being angry with me on that one.

'So you decided to sleep with me on the couch?' Vanessa looks up at me with a huge grin and nods.

'Well, I really wanted you to join me in bed again, but I didn't want to wake you. So I took the second best option, grab my blanket and lie down on the couch with you. I have to say this couch sleeps surprisingly pleasant.' Pursing her lips Vanessa waits a moment, looks up and I see a hint of worry in her eyes again. 'You don't mind, do you?'

With a chuckle I press a kiss on top of Vanessa's head. 'No, I don't mind. I was asleep anyway.' A smile forms on Vanessa's lips again. She stretches herself and takes a deep breath.

'Good.' She says with a sigh and wraps her arms and legs around me again. Vanessa presses her nose in my chest and inhales again. 'Hmm, you smell nice. What soap do you use?'

'I'm probably sound really stupid, but I use dove soap for my body.' Vanessa looks up at me seemingly unsure if I'm being serious right now. 'I'm not lying.' A smile forms on her lips.

'We'll at least you take care of your body.' Vanessa presses herself tightly against me again. 'Hmm.'

'I'm sorry to ask this of you again Vanessa, but do you have more of those painkillers? My head feels like it's tearing itself in two.' Annoyance shoots through Vanessa. Again she inhales deeply and tightens her legs around mine.

'It's called a hangover, don't worry it'll go away on it's own. Just feel sick and lie still, that's the best cure.' Vanessa pulls the blanket back over her head. 'And no light.' She mumbles from under the blanket. I can't help but laugh a little from Vanessa's reaction. She certainly has a hangover.

'Yes, normally I'd agree with you. But I'm not quite sure if it's a hangover for me.' Vanessa freezes for a moment and seems to recall last night as well. With a groan she pushes herself up so the blanket is resting on top of her head. With her eyes on me she seems to need to confirm just how swollen my face is.