Trouble

Chapter 15

Trouble.

The next morning Vanessa wakes me with anger radiating off of her. While we prepare of our day at school, Vanessa refuses to even look at me, let alone talk with me. This ignoring continues all the way until we get to school. At school she simply leaves me without saying a word to me. I do feel a bit saddened to not even get a have a nice day or something. At the same time I can't really be bothered with it. If she's going to be like this every time she doesn't get things to go her way, we're going to get into a lot of fights.

While I'm waiting for school to start I watch more and more excited students enter the classroom. After half an hour of waiting for someone to start the class theres a call over the speakers that we can go home. Beside that no one is given an explanation other than that we have a free day today. Loud cheers erupt through the school and without questioning anything everyone grabs their things and get on their way back home.

With nothing else to do I too grab my things and start for the search for Vanessa. I've been at just about every spot at school to find her until I finally run in to Vanessa at the parking lot with her friends. Smiling I make my way over to Vanessa wanting to give her a kiss.

'Hey, I've been searching all over for you.' As I lower my head to kiss Vanessa, she turns her head away, denying me a kiss. 'Really? You're still angry about last night?' Vanessa simply continues talking with her friends as if I'm not even there.

I let out a sigh and run my hand through my hair. 'Why are you so angry?' Vanessa's eyes snap to me. With narrowed eyes she crosses her arms over her chest.

'I wonder why?' Vanessa's friends need to stifle a laugh while they watch Vanessa and myself have a fight.

Vanessa's anger blasts through my calm demeanor. 'Come on! Just because it didn't go the way you wanted it to go?' Vanessa simply keeps glaring at me while her friends start to make bets around us. Some of Vanessa's friends start to make fun of me with various humiliating words. I force my self to calm down, I bring my hand to Vanessa's shoulder to try and do something to fix things between us again.

Vanessa slaps my hand off of her shoulder. 'Don't touch me!' She snaps and takes a step away from me.

'Oh come on! I only want to make up.' Vanessa averts her eyes from me again.

'That's your problem.' I throw my hands up in the air and let out a loud scream. When my eyes turn back to Vanessa I need to fight the urge not to lash out to Vanessa for being so unreasonable. I hear multiple of Vanessa's friends comment how they're happy that their Vanessa is finally starting to see the mistake she's made by having me as her boyfriend. Some other friends of Vanessa openly question if Vanessa hasn't just been toying with me all this time.

'Fine, be that way!' I snap, no longer able to listen to her friends talk about me like that. I turn around with a jerk and start on my way home.

'Where do you think you're going?!' I hear Vanessa catch up with me and grab my wrist to force me to stop walking. I turn around again to face Vanessa no longer trying to contain my anger.

'If you think I'm going to stand there, while you treat me like trash and have your friends humiliate me, or just plainly make fun of me, you're dead wrong! I care for you, I truly love you, but even I have my limits.' I rip my wrist free from Vanessa's grip and continue my way home.

'Don't even think about leaving! I'll make you regret it.' Vanessa calls after me, her voice filled with anger.

'Watch me.' Without waiting for Vanessa to reply to that I pick up the pace and head straight home. By the time I reach my front door my anger has reach such high levels that my entire body shakes and I have a hard time opening the front door. When I do manage to enter my home I'm unable to close the door normally. Instead I slam the door shut so hard that I hear glasses vibrate in the living room.