Part 8

Jess

I skipped all the way up to the apartment. Mark just got out from their unit and stops to look at me. I might look like a totally crazy person, he grins. Because of my elation, I jumped to him and threw my arms around his neck. 

"Woah!" I surely took him by surprise. "What's this?" But he hugs me back. 

"Aaaa!!!" I shout over his shoulder. "I got it!" I slowly pry myself away from him, smiling like a kid who just opened her Christmas present and found out it was the one she'd wished for. 

"For real?" He pulls me back in his arms and twirls me around. 

"Yup. Thanks to you." I say, pinching his cheeks. Which, I just realized, is now red. "For a boy from LA, you blush easily, Mark Tuan," I joke. 

"Uh," he chuckles nervously. 

"Are you free? I need to treat you for lunch at least, for helping me get this deal." 

"Yeah...sure. I was about to go out to eat, actually." 

"Nice. I just need to send an email and change."

Victor isn't already in the apartment when we get in. Maybe he's gone home and talked to his father. He should. He can't just hide his sexuality forever. His father would have accepted him whatever his preferences are. 

I sent the contract and other files to Mr. Kwon and got into more comfy clothes, jeans and shirt, and ran to the living room where Mark's waiting. He actually looks cute wrestling with Snow on the carpet. I watch them for a minute before calling him, "Let's go?" 

I let him lead me to one of the decent restaurants a few blocks away from our apartment. He has a hoodie on and a cap under it. He casually takes off his dark shades once we settle at our table, away from the window. 

"You must be really popular to be hiding like that," I ask him, giggling a little. 

"Not really. But, just in case. You never know when a fan or a hater would be waiting for you to make the slightest mistake." 

"It must be hard to be an idol."

"It's ok. We're used to it. It gets annoying at times, but most of it fun."

"Why are you not with the other guys?" 

"Jackson and Junior are busy filming and the others are sleeping."

The waiter brings our food, consisting mostly of chicken, veggies and more chicken. 

"We're obviously not chicken freaks, are we?" I ask him, laughing just a little softly. 

"Obviously not," he laughs, too. 

"This is so good," I said, relishing the spicy chicken in my mouth. 

"I know right? I come here all the time," he says. He takes a big bite of the chicken and chomps on it heartily, making me laugh again and choke on the meat in my mouth. "Careful," he says, chuckling at my sillyness, "you eat like a pig."

I gulp down the water to stop myself from coughing. "Hey!", pretending to be hurt, I pout and take another bite of the chicken. 

"How can you eat like that and be so cute at the same time?", he asks, smiling at my pouting yet chewing mouth. 

"I'm born with it, baby," I joke, flinging my hair and then laughing. 

"So, are you doing anything after this?" 

"I need to go check on the site. I have to start with the planning ASAP." 

"You need company?"