Part 17

Jess

"Congratulations guys. You were all so cool." Vic and I hugged and patted the boys when we enter their waiting room. 

"Cuz, I didn't know you are even cockier on stage." I laughed. 

"What? Excuse me!" He exclaims. "I'm the wild and sexy Jackson for your information." He waves his finger in front of my face and makes the sexiest smile. 

I cringe and everybody laughs. 

"Hey!" Mark lets me sit beside him on the couch. "I have something to tell you."

I look up at him, feeling a bit nervous. Jackson, who is sitting beside him, also looks up. 

"What?" I try to control my shaky voice, clearing my throat after asking.

"My parents want to meet you." WHAT????? 

Even Jackson's eyes grow big. I just stare at him, not knowing what to say.

 He continues, "They're on their way, actually. They want to meet you for lunch tomorrow." 

I look at him, then at Jackson who's also staring back at me, not believing this coincidence either. Why should this happen now? 

"Uhm...don't you think it's too soon." My nervousness is apparent now. All the boys are quiet, maybe waiting for what I have to say. "I mean....we've just started and...." And I'm gonna break up with you anyway. 

"Why don't you go?" I'm surprised of Jackson's question. Seriously? I thought he said he wants me to break up with him today? He gives me a silent nod.

"Uhm...." I don't want to disappoint his parents either. Just one more day won't hurt. "Ok!" 

"Yes!" Mark says, giving me a tight hug. "They're so gonna love you." I'm not sure about that, after they find out I've been lying to their son. Shit!

Jackson comes to my apartment once we get in. 

"Cuz," he pulls me to the room and locks it. "Let's talk about this," he says, sitting on the bed and putting his head on his hands. 

"Shit! What am I gonna do now? How am I gonna say it? I'm sorry I should've done it earlier. It's all my fault." This is getting deeper and deeper and more and more difficult to escape from. 

"It IS your fault, Jessica." He looks at me furiously, "but that's not what's important right now. Meet up with his family. Tell him not to announce you on the radio. And then break up with him a day or two after that."

"Wow!" I laugh sarcastically, "that easy, huh?"

"You have no other choice, cuz. I am done with you playing my best friend. I'm done with this charade. Just get it done and over with before I lose my mind here." 

"I'm sorry! I really owe you a lot for this." I do. He must be feeling sorry for his friend right now for introducing the both of us. 

"Just make sure to do it this time," he says, standing from the bed.

Before he could reach the door, I stop him. "Jackson," he stops and turns around to look at me.

"What?"

"He....he just told me he loves me." 

"The more you should make it faster, Ah-Cy." He turns around and slams the door behind him, leaving me staring at the wooden door that is still shaking from the impact. 

I'm supposed to follow him out when my phone buzzes. I swipe the screen and open a message from an unknown number. My eyes and mouth open as wide as they can.