Part 11

Mark

Who does this guy think he is? Just because he's taller than me, doesn't mean I would back down. I see him clenching his fist when I smirk at him. "ONCE," I say. Before he can even stand up, Jess comes to our table and pulls me up. 

"Let's go?" She says. 

I put my arms protectively over her shoulder, pulling her even closer. I look behind us. Yes...he's pissed alright. And I am, too. I don't get why Jess had to invite him to join us. 

If he really likes this girl, why the heck did he give her up? He's mine now, dude. Back off! 

I maintain my arm on her even as we enter the restaurant just a block away. The look on Lei's eyes dart at me. I ignore it and just arrogantly put my chin up. I won't back down from this loser. 

I pull a chair for Jess and I sit beside her, Lei sits across from us. 

When our orders came, Lei quickly grabs Jess' plate and slices the meat for her. Huh! I slice the meat on my plate and slide it in front of Jess. Lei huffs, I grab the plate from him and set it down in front of me, "Thanks," I tell him sarcastically. 

I know it's childish, but I find it amusing pissing this guy off. 

"Until when are you staying here?" I ask him. I hope he says he'd be flying home after our meal. 

"Not sure," he glares at me back. I know he knows I'm hoping he disappears right now. "It depends." He glances at Jess then at me. 

I think Jess is oblivious of the tension between Lei and I. "How are your parents?" She asks. 

He looks back at her and smiles, - just want to punch that smile off his face. "They're great. Actually, they miss you." 

Whoosa! 

"Oh! Tell them I said hi," she looks down at her plate. What is that expression on her face? 

"When are you going back to China?" He asks. 

"It depends," she answers, still looking down at her plate. Is there something going on I don't know? 

"Hey," I squeeze her hand, something in her eyes tell me she's troubled. "Are you ok?"

She looks up at me and smiles, all the other expressions on her face disappears. "I'm fine. Maybe just a hangover from last night," she answers. 

"Ugh!" I cringe, remembering how much tequila we had last night and I see her giggle. That's more like it. "Can't believe we finished all that." 

"Me, too! The sock dare though," she shudders and I chuckle. We go on talking and laughing about the funny moments that happened last night, not remembering their is a third member at the table. 

Lei clears his throat, making the both of us look at him. 

"Sorry," Jess says. "Are you done? Shall we go?"

I excuse myself to go to the bathroom before we leave. When I get back, Jess leans in to kiss me. I quickly catch her lips with mine. It was so sudden...but hey, who's complaining? Definitely not me!

I hear a disgruntled snort from the guy in front of us, but I don't care. 

She's mine!

____________________________________________________________________

Lei

Ok. I admit, she is very convincing. She looks at him like she's truly in love. But, I know better than to fall for that.