Part 43

GD

What's happened to her? What did that guy do to her? 

As I ride back to the hotel from Lei's house I can't help but recall what Jess looked like back there. Her arms are covered with bruises. Even her face is bruised. Fuck! 

And she still wants to what? Help him? The fuck.... What's wrong with her? I thought she only wants to get the company back? What's that with helping Lei? Is she falling for him again? That's impossible. The look in her eyes is different. But... I saw she cares for him. How? Why?

When I step out of the car, I see Mark and some men behind him coming out of the hotel. Looks like they've checked out. I check the time - three in the morning. Is he really leaving?

"Mark!" I call him.

"What?" He snarls.

"You serious?"

"About what?"

"Leaving?"

"I don't want to stay where I'm not wanted." He rolls his eyes and bumps my shoulder as he passes me. 

I grab his arm before he can get any farther. "She needs you!"

"No, she doesn't!" He says without looking at me. His voice is full of disdain. What the heck is wrong with him?

"Have you seen her?" I ask with the same anger in my tone. 

"I did. And she seemed fine. She doesn't need me. She needs that Jerk more. So..," he removes my hand from his arm and flings it away, "just let go."

Fine? How can she be fine? "I just saw her earlier, Mark. She's..."

"Let it go, GD!" He shouts, cutting me off. He gets in the car waiting for him and slams the door. 

Quitter! You're just leaving? You haven't seen how down she is, Mark. You should've seen her black and blue body. Fuck you. Go run and hide in your hole then...you fucking coward!

What should I do now? 

_________________________________________________________________________

Mark

A part of me wants to stay. But, I'm not the same Mark who would just wait for nothing. 

I love her...I do. But, she chose to get married to Lei. What can I do? 

So, GD is still not giving up, is he? His persistence would just go to waste. I know it. Jess is someone who is stubborn when it comes to her plans. When she plans something, she sticks to it. That's why she left me, right? Because I wasn't part of the plan. Because I was just somebody whom she happened upon. 

She needs you! GD's voice play over and over in my mind as I board the plane to LA. Does she? NO. She said so herself. She doesn't need me anymore. 

How come I feel bad leaving her? Because I love her...that's why. And I want to be with her. But, what can I do if she doesn't want to be with me?