Part 15

Jess

When I wake up in the morning, instead of Mark, I see a bunch of Lilacs beside me. Mark comes in just when I get them in my hands and admire their scent. OMG! This is just the sweetest. Forgetting about last night, a smile creeps in my face. 

"You like them?" He says smiling. 

I nod, "Thank you. I love them." 

"You feeling better now?" 

I nod again. 

"Great!" He kisses my forehead and pulls me off the bed. "Now, get dressed cause we're going out."

"Where?"

"Just!" 

As the warm water hit my body under the shower, I replay everything that happened last night. Lei, saying he loves me. My heart beats fast. Should I go to him? Can I just forget about all this and follow him. But, the company. No. I have to stand my ground. For my family...for me.

Mark, saying he loves me. Should I tell him now? It would break his heart. But, it's the right thing to do. Suddenly, I feel a very heavy thing pulling my heart to the ground. Guilt? I can't dare to tell him just yet. Maybe after the vacation. Yes. Just a couple more days. 

I look for Jackson when I finish changing. 

"Let's go?" Mark says. 

"In a while." I walk to the boys' room and sit beside my cousin's bed. "Jackson," I shake him awake. 

"Hm?" He squints at me through his sleepy eyes. 

"We need to talk." I have to whisper since Junior is still asleep on the other bed. 

"Can't it wait?" 

"Just the question I would want to ask you. Can't it wait? Just until we go back to Seoul."

"What?" He looks confused, still half-asleep. After a minute of analyzing, his eyes open wide. 

"I can't ruin this vacation for him, Jackson."

"Ugh. Ok! When we get back, ok?"

I hug him and run outside to the waiting Mark. 

"So, where are we going?" 

"It's a secret." 

When we get out the house, a white convertible is already waiting for us. 

"Get in," he says, opening the passenger door for me. 

I look at him questioningly.

"Just get in," he chuckles, pushing me gently. 

He drives the car to a really cute Teddy Bear Museum. We head to their dining area first for breakfast. 

"What about the others?" I ask him. Although, it's nice that it's just the two of us for now. It's been chaotic with all the boys in the house. 

"It's just you and me today." He smiles. 

We roam around the museum and take pictures of the cutest things ever. He gets us a couple teddy bears and gives me the male bear. "Look," he puts up the girl bear, "this looks just like you when you're drunk." He chuckles. 

"Ugh..." I hit him slightly on his arm. "I don't want to remember that. I suck at acting cute." 

"Good you know," he teases even more. 

"Mark!" 

"You're cute no matter what," he puts his arm around my waist and kisses the top of my head.