Part 29

Mark

Am I that easy of a guy? Do girls just see me as a plaything...something they can use and throw out after they're tired of me? Am I really that blind to not see this coming? I've been through this before. How can I not have felt anything? 

What she told my parents. Are those all lies? Is that why she never even once told me she loves me? Is it also why she didn't want our relationship to go public, because she planned on dumping me anyway? 

I hear her knocking on my door, Jackson is with her, too. 

"Mark, please. Just listen to me first," she is saying. 

"Bro, c'mon. Open the door." That's Jackson. 

"Babe! Don't do this." She's sobbing and pounding on the door.

I get up, put on a jacket that's hanging in the closet and open the door. 

"Mark," she grabs my hand but I remove it. I walk past her, past Jackson behind her and out the door. I don't even bother to look back as I head to the elevator. 

As soon as the elevator opens, I see Jin inside. "Mark," he's as surprised as I am. 

"Jin." 

"Jin-Ah?" I hear Jess behind me. "What are..."

I step in the elevator and he gets out. She knows him, too? How many guys is she playing? 

"Mark," she shouts, running towards me, but the elevator doors are already closing. Her crying face is the last I see. 

I'm just too emotional to talk to anybody yet. I just want to be alone to think things through. I pull up the hood of my jacket and go out the building. I let my feet take me to a quiet bar the boys and I usually go to which is open 24 hours. I sit on the stool at the bar and immediately, the bartender hands me my drink. Since it's still early in the morning, there's only one other customer besides me. 

"You alone today?" He asks. 

I just nod. Taking a sip of the cognac. It flows smoothly down my throat. 

"Too early for drinking don't you think?" 

I fake a smile and down the whole thing, asking for another. With several glasses and an empty stomach, I feel the brandy hitting me already. I couldn't contain my tears anymore and they just come out. 

"Hey!" The bartender says, "you ok, man?"

"Leave me alone," I tell him. I leave the money on the counter and head out. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Jess

I try to run after him when he gets in, but the elevator doors close. I go to the stairs, but Jackson stops me. 

"Cuz. Let's leave him alone for now. He needs time to think." 

"But..."

"He's right," Jin-Ah says. 

I look at him, open my mouth to say something but Jackson beats me to it. 

"Jin. What are you doing here? And how do you know my cousin?"

He stands frozen for a minute before answering. "I met her through GD." He lies. So, he's still not telling them. "I'm investing on a project they're working on." 

"Oh. You sure have a lot going on this morning, cuz," Jackson smirks. 

I'm really not in the mood to talk to anybody, right now. "I'll just call you," I tell Jin-Ah and take the stairs up to my apartment, locking my bedroom door behind me.