Part 14

Lei

Fuck! I feel like a stalker. But, who cares. A lot of things happen in a vacation. Most especially when nobody's watching. What if that jerk takes advantage of her when she's drunk? What if ....What if she really falls for him? 

NO. I won't let that happen. 

I take out my phone as soon as the plane lands and call Jackson. No answer. I try many times, even when I get to the resort, but he still doesn't pick up. Was he serious when he said he wanted me to leave? 

Maybe he's already sleeping, realizing it's past midnight. 

I call him again in the morning, but still no answer. 

I do what I have to do - what my father asked me to do. So, I meet up with the managers of the resort and listen to their complaints - there are lots, I tell you. 

My head is already aching from the whole day meeting. I go to the restaurant on the first floor and grab a bite, then head to the bar adjacent to it. 

Even with the hundreds of issues thrown at me from the meeting earlier, I still couldn't get my mind off Jessica. How did I turn out to be like this? I have to get my shit together. Relax. 

After a couple of glasses, I head out to the beach to get some fresh air. 

Will she come to me? How would I tell her I still love her? UGH....

I sit on the sand, not minding the water wetting my suit. Ah-Cy Zhao, what did you turn me into? 

___________________________________________________________________________________

Jackson

I have to let her know that Lei still loves her. I know he wouldn't be able to do it himself. He's just too cocky to allow himself to be caught in a cheesy situation. 

Even if it would mean temporarily hurting Mark, she has to leave him before it's too late. I can already see the connection Mark has on her. It's starting again. Just like with Lisa. Once Mark puts a lock on that connection, it's over. He'd be glued to her and it would be much harder to pull him away. 

If only Jess doesn't have feelings left for Lei...If only she likes Mark before she entered this relationship...if only she takes this relationship seriously...Maybe...just maybe, I would let them be together. 

But, No. Judging by her reactions when I talked to her earlier, she clearly still has feelings for Lei. Yes, she's being a good girlfriend to Mark, but it's all a show. She's just gonna hurt him even more. 

I hate to say it, but I'm starting to hate her. No. I think hate is too weak of a word....Despise? Abhor? 

"Hey!" Mark makes me jump from where I was sitting. "Why so jumpy?" He asks, taking the seat beside me. "Are you ok, man? You've been really quiet the whole time. Even when we went jet skiing, you used to shout the loudest. Is there something wrong?"

"Mark!" This is it. 

"Yah?"

"You should break up with her!" Too harsh?

He chuckles. 

"I'm not kidding, man. I'm serious." I show him my serious face. 

His chuckles fade and his expression changes. "Jackson. What's wrong?"

"She's .... I don't like her for you."

He bites his lower lip and furrows his brow. "Since when did I give you authority to choose who I should like?" Oh, boy! Here we go!