Part 9

Jess

Before coming up to my apartment drunk, Victor had talked to his father. He gathered all his courage to face him and they had a heart to heart talk. JYP still couldn't accept the fact that his son has been lying to him for years. 

Scared, Victor decides to move in with me in my apartment...well, technically it's his, since his father owns the building. His father has told him not to work in the company yet...for the time being, saying he has to clear his mind first. 

With nothing to do, Vic helps me with the restaurant. He becomes my Human Resources Manager - for now. He is in charge of interviewing and hiring people to be working in the resto. His dad calls from time to time to ask me how the progress on the project is, but I know he's just secretly checking up on Victor. 

I call my parents two or three times a week to update them, too. Dad is all too happy to hear that everything is going smoothly. 

"So, have you found a boyfriend yet?" 

"No. Dad. Don't worry, I've got it all covered. Just concentrate on the company for now."

"Would you want me to send Cuifen over?"

"Oh...yeah...I promised her I would. Just her ok? I don't need maids."

And she arrives at my doorstep that afternoon, happy tears in her eyes. 

"I miss you, too, Cuifen." 

Ever since she's arrived, I busied her with errands for the restaurant. I feel bad sometimes because back home, she doesn't really look these tired. But, she assured me she's loving what she's doing. 

In one month's time, the crew is complete, menu set, design all planned out. We're just waiting for the go signal of the engineer to start the renovation of the place. 

Mr. Kwon...GD, as he wants to be called, drops a line almost everyday, too. Sometimes, we would meet up in the same restaurant so I could report on the development. He's still as sassy as ever. He even thinks I have a crush on him, just because I always gag at his insolence. He says, 'The more you hate, the more you love." Oh! PLeeezzzz.... If he weren't my main investor I would have sent him to hell already. 

The boys, especially Jackson, are always busy. I only see them once a week in their dorms. Mark always stops by to ask me how I am or offer help. I know how tired they already are, so I often tell him everything's handled. He sometimes invites me out for meals whenever we're both free. He's just the sweetest. I wonder how much Jackson is paying him to make him treat me like this. 

I'm still struggling with my Korean, but I'm slowly getting there. Victor and I converse in Korean at times just to help me practice. It's funny though, cause his accent is as bad as mine. 

Since Victor has been staying with me, Jackson has become more and more doubtful about our relationship. We just laugh at it nowadays because we're already tired of explaining to him that we're just friends. 

I finally tell Victor one day, about how I told Mark that he's gay. I couldn't take the guilty feelings anymore. Cuifen is out in another errand and Victor and I are at the table. 

"Besie," I say nervously at him over breakfast. "I...I have something to confess." I bat my puppy eyes at him.

He narrows his eyes suspiciously, "What? What did you do this time?"

"Don't get mad, ok?" 

"Just spit it!"

"Ok. I kinda...told Mark...that...."