Part 30

Mark

That day, I was too drunk to even know what I was doing. Why did I kiss Lisa in front of her? Stupid. After seeing that, Jess ran out with tears streaming down her eyes. I wanted to follow her, but in my condition, I just fell on the floor. 

"Get out!" I yelled at Lisa when she tried to help me up. "I said get out!" I shouted again. 

"I love you, Mark," she said before leaving. Those words...I've wanted to hear those for a long time, but not from her. 

An article about me and Lisa came out the day after that. A paparazzi had spotted us getting in the hotel and now everybody thinks we're back together. I don't even have the energy to argue about it anymore so I just let it go. 

Lisa has been calling me non-stop, but I ignore it. 

I heard Jess moved out of the apartment after the incident. I don't even know where she's gone. Maybe she's back with Lei for all I care. 

Fuck! But I still care. My mind is full of her. Drinking has become a daily routine just to let me forget, but it's just temporary. When I wake up in the morning, the first thing on my mind is her. 

My birthday's coming up in a few days and I don't even want to celebrate just like what we used to do. What's there to celebrate anyway? 

Jackson would try to talk to me every time. But each time, I walk out from him. I don't want to hear any more lies. I've had enough. Ok...maybe I do want to hear about her, but I have to keep my pride. I've been let down too many times already. I've reached my limit. Enough is enough.  I'm done with them. All of them. 

______________________________________________________________

Jess

His eyes peer at me as he kisses that bitch. I stand there, dumbfounded and frozen for a second. I force my feet to move and run out and up to my room. 

I know he just did that to get back at me. But, I know what he meant. He wants out. He doesn't want to be with me anymore. It's not the girl's fault nor his. It's all mine. There's nobody else to blame but myself. 

I immediately pack my things. I don't have any reason to stay here longer. I've lost my restaurant, even with the insurance, I still can't put it back up. I've lost my motivation of working. I've lost Mark. 

"Besie, don't go," Vic sits on my bed, trying to discourage me from leaving. 

"I'm sorry, Vic." I hug my friend. Even to him, I've been selfish. "I'll pay you back as soon as I can." I say.

"Hey. C'mon. Don't even think about it. I had fun while you were here." 

His phone rings and he answers it. "It's GD," he says, handing me the phone. 

Before I could even push it back, he puts it on my ears. 

"Hello," I say.

"Zhao."

"Hm."

 "Let's talk."

"I'm not in the mood for this, Kwon. Let's just cancel the deal with the resort. We haven't signed any contract yet, anyway. So, just leave me alone."

"Wait. Just listen." 

"Kwon!"

"I'm in front of your apartment."