Part 52

Jess

As soon as Mark touches my lips with his, Emily knocks on the door. 

"Miss?" 

I quickly clamber down his arms and almost stumble to the door. I feel my cheeks burning as I face the woman. "Yes?"

She looks at my red face then at Mark behind me and back at me. "Uh...." her cheeks turn pink, too, "the lawyer is here." 

"Thanks," I shyly nod, still couldn't get rid of the tint on my face. "I'll be right down."

I turn around to look at Mark who's scratching the back of his head and looking down at his feet, then go down to meet this lawyer Lei wanted me to talk to. 

"Jess," the man stands up from the sofa and offer his hand for me to shake. 

I take his hand and tell him to follow me in the office - Lei's office - which is down the hall. "Sit," I tell him, taking the seat opposite his. 

"I'm YongZe. Lee YongZe. As you already know, I'm Lei's lawyer....not his father's." He chuckles. "So, everything we talk about here doesn't reach him, don't worry." 

I smile at that. He takes out a really thick envelop and, one by one, take out folders of papers. Just great....I'm really not in the mood to go through documents right now. Ugh....

He notices my expression and chuckles again. "You don't need to go through this now. I'll just tell you what they are and we can meet again next time for you to sign them."

"Thanks," I nod. Phew!

"First of all, congratulations."

I look at him, puzzled. "Huh?"

"For getting back the company." He hands the envelop that is on top. 'Transfer of ownership' - it says on top. Another questioning look from me.

"Lei, just gave you back all the shares of your dad's company his father had bought from the other shareholders." 

Oh my God. He just didn't....How...? "Are....you...s...s...sure?" I stutter. 

He just points at the papers I'm holding and smiles. I look down at it and skim through pages, barely reading. All the pages has Lei's signature on them. I can't believe this. Lei.....

"And," he continues, getting another folder, "I can't give this yet directly to him. Lei asked me to let you handle it first." 

He gives me the envelope and it's another transfer. This time, the name is 'Kim, SeokJin'. For real??????

"There are a few shares he's transferred to his name," he's pertaining to Jin-Ah, "but because of what he's done to you, Lei wants you to decide on whether to give it or not."

This can't be real. I pinch myself just to check I'm awake. This is not a dream, is it? OUCH! No, it's not. It's real. Lei has really done it. How? When? 

As if reading my mind, "the day you came home from the dinner in his parents' house," he says. 

I recall, he was on the phone when we got home. So, this is what he's talking about back in the hospital. When he said he regret considering him as a brother. 

Another folder, "this is a deed of ownership to one of his hotels in Korea." 

"Woah..." I put my hand up, not taking the folder from him, "No...this is not mine. I won't accept it."

"He wants you to, Jess. Just take it." He pushes it back to my hand. 

Lei...you don't have to.