58

danhowell: phil?

philly: dan? you're still awake, it's like 2 am

danhowell: even ur awake

philly: yeah but i am watching tv why are you awake

danhowell: i can't sleep

philly: do you want me to do something about it? are you hungry?

danhowell: no no

danhowell: maybe you could just come here and lie with me?

philly: are you sure you'll be comfortable with that?

danhowell: of course i am sure

philly: ok be there in a minute :)

danhowell: could you bring me some water as well?

philly: ofc baby

danhowell: i love you

philly: more

dan sighed at the screen and smiled, stretching his legs and rolling over to lay on his stomach. he was totally whipped. he was afraid that phil would feel uncomfortable if he asked him to sleep with him, but he had thought about it enough and he didn't want to miss the slight chance of phil wanting the same.

just the thought of waking up cuddled into phil's side, hearing is raspy morning voice and smoothing out his bed hair made dan squeal inside and he couldn't wait. he just wanted phil to come there already and lay down with him for hours, for days and months.

"brought you some water," phil's voice was thick and laced with sleep like he was tired, and dan had had enough skype calls with him to know that now phil could fall asleep any minute.

"thank you," dan smiled slightly, and he could still see phil's bright blue eyes in the dimly lit room, where the only light was from a bedside lamp and the moonlight coming from the bay window.

"are you sure you'll be comfortable?" phil asked again, not in any way wanting to make dan uncomfortable.

"yes i am phil, come here," dan sat up, opening his arms and phil gladly walked towards the bed getting under the covers and nuzzling his face into dan's neck. he felt so at peace as he breathed in dan's scent and if he could have any scent bottled up, it would be this.

"i didn't want you to go and sleep on the couch in the first place," dan admitted, running his hand up and down phil's back, as phil breathed out of relief and snuggled closer to dan.

"me neither," phil mumbled happily, and dan kissed his hair. this was the moment dan was wishing for, for so long, from the day he had realised his feelings for phil. he knew he would be the happiest person when phil's head rested on dan's chest and his fingertips massaged phil's soft raven hair. inspite of the circumstances, dan felt sorted and when phil leaned closer to him, they both laid back, dan's head hitting the pillow softly and phil's hands clutching dan's shirt as he let out a sigh of pure satisfaction. for the first time in his life phil had been held like this, with love and affection and care, and just by the way dan smiled against his skin, he knew that it was genuine.

and with that they fell asleep, dan holding phil as he breathed heavily in his neck, and phil hooking his legs around dan's waist. phil forgot about the glass of water resting untouched on the night stand and dan forgot about his family problems and they just entangled themselves into each other. and that night, it was the most fulfilling sleep both of them had gotten in a while.

--
would you like me to write dan and phil waking up or would it be too much??

dedicated to @stardustdemons