172

next morning was not what dan expected.

it came too soon, and when he looked outside the giant bay window he could see the thick vapour clouding the sky. the sun wasn't out yet and the small digital clock on phil's old dresser was flashing 6:34 am. it was only a few hours ago when he went to sleep, so he did not expect himself to wake up this early but now that he was awake, he knew going back to sleep would be hard.

he would be lying if he said that he didn't expect phil's arms to be wrapped around him by morning. he looked across the bed, eyebrows furrowing when he noticed phil laying in the far corner, his lips parted slightly and his hair fawning all over his forehead messily. his shirt had ridden up his torso, exposing some of the pale skin and his legs were tangled in the duvet that they both were sharing.

dan couldn't figure out how someone could look this breathtaking while being asleep, but he was glad to witness the beauty.

he got out of the bed, pushing the comforter off his legs and stretched his arms behind his head, letting out a small yawn. he walked quietly towards the door, turning the knob and pulling it open, only to cringe when he heard the loud screeching.

"dan?" phil was awake almost instantly, his voice thick and laced with sleep as he got up on his elbows, his eyes still closed.

"go to sleep ba—phil," he corrected himself quickly, biting his tongue afterwards. "i'm just getting water," dan informed him softly and phil just nodded unconsciously, falling back on the bed with a sigh, not seeming to notice the familiar nickname dan was about to call him.

five minutes later dan opened the bedroom door again, a cup of water in one of his hands and the other busy fixing his bed hair. the room was still dark, but it was dawn so there was enough light for him to notice that phil's eyes were half open, and watching him.

he did not say anything, he just rested the glass on the side table, switching the lamp on, causing an amber lighting to spread throughout the room. phil just squinted slightly, his arm flying up to cover his eyes from brightness, and dan watched the adorable gesture, smiling slightly, and leaning back against the wooden panel of the bed.

"can i have some of that?" phil sounded raspy, his voice hoarse, his finger pointing at the half full cup of water and dan just nodded, handing the utensil to the sleepy boy.

"why are you up so early?" phil questioned, clearing his throat and handing the cup back to dan as he shifted up, pulling the duvet to his chest and resting his back against the worn out headboard.

"i just woke up," the younger boy shrugged, grabbing the other end of the comforter and pulling it over his legs.

"what time is it?" phil asked, a small yawn escaping his lips and he leaned his head back.

"almost seven," dan mumbled, turning his head to look at phil and phil just nodded, looking like he was still half asleep.

"why don't you go back to sleep?"

"i can't sleep once i'm awake, you know that," dan muttered, and phil just let out another yawn before shifting closer to dan, and opening his arms lazily.

"come here," he beckoned, and dan just looked at him like he was crazy, contemplating for a moment whether phil was actually asking that or it was just his imagination. wasn't phil refusing any sort of contact just a few hours ago?

"um, are you," dan scratched the back of his head. "are you sure?"

"of course," phil yawned again, a deep sigh leaving his lips after and he opened his eyes slightly to look at the younger boy who was just hesitantly staring at phil. "come here baby,"

and then phil wrapped his arm around dan's shoulder, pulling him to his chest and repositioned himself so they were laying down.

he did not give it much thought, his brain still unconscious not allowing him to overthink as he massaged dan's scalp softly, dan's arms wrapping tightly around his waist and their legs tangled.

and maybe when he wakes up he'll question the fact why he let himself do that, and why he took a step forward to make things even more awkward between them but right now, as dan breathed deeply in his neck, he just let his mind daze for a while, just relishing in the familiar feeling of dan's curly hair tickling his neck and the way he could feel the younger boy's heart beat against his chest.

--

OH MY FUCJING GOD

I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO THANK YOU FOR 1 MILLION READS BUT

THANK YOU SO FUCKING MUCH

FUCK IM CRYING

TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT ME TO DO TO CELEBRATE 1 MILLION???? [i expect serious answers pls don't disappoint me :(( ]

i love you guys