187

(l-last chapter)

six days passed by that way, with subtle humour, warm cuddles and comfortable silences, and dan and phil had probably never been any happier than they were right now.

there was a feeling of reassurance in their chests, like they had it all figured out.

somehow the thought of his parents had stopped haunting dan, and he had begun to accept this new reality with phil. he had accepted the fact that his parents will probably never understand him, and he accepted that he would probably have to spend the rest of his life without seeing their faces, but somehow, it didn't bother dan.

dan had gotten so much closer to phil's family, almost like he was a part of it. they had even planned a beach holiday in the summer, near to dan's birthday in june and phil had discussed his plans of moving in with dan with his parents.

phil's parents had a vague idea about their son's relationship with dan, but none of them minded the closeness between them.

they had seen phil growing up, and he was always a quiet child with a handful close friends who didn't seem to match his personality.

dan was something different.

they could see how the younger boy made their son happy and how they were beautifully comfortable with each other and the idea of them living together did not seem bad to phil's parents at all.

infact they had helped.

phil's father had went and brought all of phil's stuff from his apartment the other day, complaining about the mess phil had made in the kitchen to which phil just shot dan a knowing look, giving the brunette boy a sheepish smile.

their irrelevant fight in phil's apartment all those months ago seemed so stupid, so utterly stupid that now when the two thought about it, they would just laugh.

these six days they had been searching for an appropriate apartment, and at one point dan was so frustrated that he suggested phil to just move back to manchester and kick his parents in the shin. but, finally they both had decided on the huge city of london, a business hub and a place where they could hypothetically meet the queen.

they had found a small isolated apartment overlooking the river thames, from where you could see the london bridge and the london eye and it looked beautiful in pictures. it wasn't very large, a two bedroom set with an attached kitchen and bathroom and a living area but it was enough for both of them.

dan was still kind of undecided on his job. he did not know what to do and phil assured him that it was alright, that he didn't have to figure it out right now and just give it some time until he could stumble upon a decision.

to sum it up, they were sorted.

they had decided that when they were remotely settled they would buy a dog, a small pug or maybe a shiba inu which was dan's preference.

they had decided that their living room will be like a vibrant cyber hub, as if you've walked inside a real life anime, and it would be lively and colourful and full of things that represented them.

the bedroom could be of dan's preference, to satisfy his aesthetic needs and even though phil pouted when dan said he wanted the room in a monochrome fashion, the older boy did not mind because they could finally live together.

they could finally have four cups of coffee in a day or watch endless television, share household chores and go for long walks and cook together and shop together, and dan would yell at him for always eating the damn cereal while phil would just pout, kissing dan softly on the cheek as an apology. and phil could be right by dan's side when he was questioning himself and he would get mad at dan whenever he refused to wash the dishes at his chance.

and maybe it was slightly pointless, buying a two room set when they both knew that they will not be sleeping away from each other but they weren't going back now. maybe they could make the other one a guest room? who knows.

while shopping online they had also discovered that their kitchen utilities were kind of very expensive and dan's lips were parted in shock when he saw that a simple spatula was costing him fifteen pounds.

dan had also resorted to some of phil's clothing because he did not bring all of his clothes with him, and he apologised multiple times, unknown to the fact that phil loved seeing younger boy in his clothes, the way that the material of his slightly oversized shirt clung to dan's small frame.

right now they were in the living room of phil's childhood home to celebrate new years, both dan and phil clad in moderately formal shirts and pants, as a soft tune played in the background to which a few elder people danced and laughed.

phil's parents had invited some family over and the house was echoing with chatter and laughter and everything was so lively and bright and happy.

dan and phil though, were still sitting on the couch, phil's fingers lacing with dan's cheekily, hoping that no one notices the adoring gesture.

"oh you two boys! come on, dance with everyone!" phil's father pulled them off the couch and dan just gave phil a shy smile before they got up and gave each other knowing looks and wiggled their hips awkwardly to the music, laughing everytime phil would make a stupid face or dan's cheeks would flush from embarrassment.

it was only until the countdown to new years began that the couples clinked champagne glasses together, and the husbands pulled their wives to them lovingly.

and phil? phil just smiled affectionately at dan before wrapping an arm around his waist and pulling him closer so their chests were flushed.

when the clock struck twelve and the people started cheering and hooting, phil began to lean in, deciding on the spot that he wanted everyone to know what was between the two boys, but dan just blushed, placing his hands against phil's chest before murmuring, his voice soft but teasing.

"phil lester, who do you think you are, trying to kiss me in front of your family?" dan giggled, their lips brushing slightly and phil just gave him a soft smile before shaking his head.

"your future husband?"

and maybe in that moment, everything was finally right.

--
the end.

so...
i'm gonna go and masturbate then cry into a slice of pizza