71

danhowell: phil?

danhowell: phil please don't do this i am really sorry

danhowell: i love you phil

snap opened

dan sighed, throwing his phone across the worn leather seat, wiping his eyes again and turning his head to look out of the slightly foggy window. his finger traced a barely visible 'p' on the glass but he shook his head, reaching for his phone again and staring at the sent message. phil had seen it, but he did not respond. dan doesn't blame him for doing that but he wishes that phil had at least heard his side of the story first.

he could see familiar buildings in view now, which meant he would soon reach his house. he dreaded seeing his father again, a knot forming in his stomach and a lump settling in his throat yet again.

his phone buzzed, interrupting his thoughts and he looked down in his lap, hoping that phil has forgiven him now, only to see his mum's number flashing on the screen. he sighed again, clearing his throat and pressing the green button before holding the phone against his ear.

"hello?" he spoke into the receiver and heard someone mumbling quietly in the background.

"dan? where are you? i thought i told you to come home?" his mum's voice was rushed and frantic and dan furrowed his eyebrows, running a hand through his hair. what the hell was going on at home?

"are you okay? i am on my way, just a couple minutes i guess," dan breathed heavily, resting his forehead against the cool window.

"i'm okay, yeah, okay you come home," his mum sighed, and dan could hear mumbling again.

"is he coming?"

" yes, he's on his way," his mum's voice was distant. "do we really need to do this?" his mum said, her voice tired and the line went dead after that.

--
TIPSY TALK IS COMING OUT TODAY IM EXCITED