Chapter 2: Meeting With Dragons

I just stood there gapping at the scene around me. 

'This is impossible, I'm dreaming, I have to be,' I pinched myself just to be sure.

When that didn't work I bit my lip as hard as I could, drawing blood. I coughed and spat the blood out, this definitly wasn't a dream. I looked over to Seltic. He was staring at me like I was crazy.

'He would think that,' I though to myself.

"Aaah, are you alright," said Seltic hesitantly. 

I gave him a reasuring smile, "Yeah, I just realised something, is all."

Seltic looked at me as if he was expecting something more. He sighed and shook his head.

"So,' I said, "Where are we going?"

"To the palace, the king wants to see you," replied Seltic with a frown.

I frowned, in my story the king turned out to be an evil tyrant, wanting power. He had decread that dragons could only choose to have riders that passed a certain test, or challenge. And before you ask, yes there were dragon riders in my story, but Derrick wasn't one, not yet anyway.

Wait a minute, I could get a dragon, if one chose me that is. Even if the king had decread that only those who past the test could get a dragon, he couldn't make it so that the dragon had to choose people that past the test. This meant that it was very unlikely for a dragon to hatch, and when they did the king instantly took control of the dragon and its rider.

I nodded and started to walk towards a large buiding in the distance. It was the kings palace, although it looked more like a giant, sandstone skyscraper. The king had his own dragon and liked to live in high places. 

"Um, where are you going?" called Seltic.

"To the kings palace, of course," I said.

Seltic hurried after me. He was forced to work under the king, although he was leading a secret rebellion against him, which the king knew about, well, that is how it goes in the story, but now that I'm here it may change a few things, like the fact Derrick had disappeared after the lightning strike. Derrick from the story, that is, not me Derrick. 

"Do you even know were the kings palace is?" said Seltic.

"Yes," I replied and kept walking, this is going to be fun, I was already thinking about what could happen. 

I will walk into the kings thrown room. Guards guarding the door, with iron spears and bronze helmets. They will take us into the room and the king will be sitting on his chair, toying with a jewelled dagger he liked to play with. He will look at me before glancing down to his dagger.

"What is you're name kid," the king will say, not looking up.

"Derrick," I will reply, slightly fuming about the way he called me kid.

The king will look up in surprise, whisper something to himself then say,"The man who found you said you had been pulled from a wreck, one that had been hit with a lightning bolt. Is this true?"

"Yes," I will say looking at the king, staring at him.

The king will frown, "Do you know who I am?"

"Yes, you're the so called king that everyone is going on about, I personly don't think you're that special, more like a tyrant if you ask me," I will say smiling sweetly.

Seltic will look at me with shock and the king will be fuming.

"Watch what you say kid," the king will say, anger in his voice.