Chapter 21: Hide 'n' Fight

I felt my eyes opening slowly. Light flooded in and I blinked. When I could see s colour other then white I sat up and shook my head. I was back in my bed, the itchy one, and I could feel a large presence outside. 

I rolled my shoulders back, cracked my fingers then stood up. I summoned one of my swords to my hand and peeked around the canvas covering the enterance to my tent. I stopped in my steps. Outside was a huge dragon, bigger then the tent, almost as large as Sophire. The dragon was currently sleeping, it's huge snores echoing around the campsite. It had a mixture of green, brown and grey scales and horns almost as long as my arm. 

'Reflamen?' I said cautiously.

The big dragon stured and opened one big, yellow eye. 

'Derrick! You're awake,' The big dragon struggled to its feet and put his head down towards me.

'It is you!' I said, 'How did you become so big, so fast!'

'I have grown haven't I, although it feels more like everything else is shrinking,' said Reflamen. He stretched out one wing, which was larger then my whole tent, 'And it looks like I've grown some more while I've been asleep.'

'You are one strange dragon, you've grown big enough to ride in less then a fortnight,' I said, shaking my head.

It was true, Reflamen was definitly big enough to be able to ride, at his size he could carry almost ten people without a problem. 

'I said I would grow big enough for you to ride,' said Reflamen, puffing his chest out, 'And I did it in record time!'

'Yeah, yeah,' I said, 'Don't let your ego grow to big, your not the biggest dragon.'

'Not yet!' said Reflamen.

'Actually I think that you might stop growing all together now, you are already fully grown and matured. I'm guessing that now you will grow a lot more slowly then you have been,' I said.

'And how do you now that,' said Reflamen.

'I just do,' I replied with a smile.

Relfamen snorted. Letting out a small stream of fire, which caught on my tent. I put it out with a quick spell.

'Hey, whatch where you breath that stuff, you could seriously hurt somebody,' I said. 

'Sorry, came out unexpectedly,' said Reflamen shaking his head.

I sighed.

''Hey, somebodies coming,' said Relfamen. 

I looked down the street, around Relfamen's giganitc body, and saw Rogan sprinting down the road towards my tent. 

"Derrick!" he yelled, waving his hand.

"Hey there," I called back. 

Rogan stopped near my tent. He quickly caught his breath and looked up to me. 

"You're awake," he said.

I smiled, "Well, thank you for stating the obvious, what were you doing running down the street like the king himself was coming after you."

Rogan smiled, "It's dragon rider's day."

"Oh yeah!" I said, remembering the special occasion I had imagined into the book, "Let me guess, you're doing that hide 'n' fight game, right?"

"Yep," replied Rogan, "How'd you know, I hadn't even told you about it yet."

I laughed, "Well you better run, looks like Charole's after you,"