Chapter 22: Rider's Day

I followed Charole to the end of the woods, where the clearing was. She stopped in the middle and guestured towards me. 

"Yes," I said.

"You go that way, I think I saw someone hiding there," she said, "I'll go back into town and start checking the shops, there is usually a lot of people around there."

I nodded and started to make my way past Leviete's tent and the forest. I was looking for someone in the trees, or the bushes.

'Hey Reflamen, could you do me a favour and start flying around and looking for other people,' I said.

'Sure no problem, but there is one person in the tents to your right, he has been following you for the past few minutes,' he said. 

I spun around looking back down the tents I had just past. Sure enough I saw someone dart quickly around the corner of the tent. I went after him, but as soon as I went around the corner I was met with a blade on my kneck. 

"Dead," said the person, he had brown hair, like mine, and he had single edged, curved sword. He had the same clothes as most people around, a cloth shirt and a leather jacket. He also had dark brown boots and leather pants.

"Now you have to wait for a dragon," said the young man.

He then sprinted of down the street.

'Aah, Reflamen,' I said.

'Already on it,' said Relfamen. 

I looked up and saw him circling the place where I had been caught. He glided down and landed in the gap behind the tents, where the forest was. He nearly couldn't fit. He snaked his head around and 'tapped' me with his head. I fell over.

"Hey," I said outloud, "What was that for?"

'What was what for,' said Reflamen silently laughing.

I sighed and sprinted of after the man that had defeated me. Suddenly a horn sounded through the camp, signalling the game was over. I stopped running and stopped to catch my breath.

'I must have been one of the last ones,' I thought. 

I started to make my way over to the to the council's tent, where the games started and everything was announced.

'You have to come to,' I said to Reflamen.

'Don't worry, I'll meet you there,' said Reflamen. 

He flew over head, quite fast.

'Hey!' I said.

I started to sprint after him, but I knew that I would never catch up to a dragon in flight. When I got to the tent I immediatly spotted Reflamen sitting with some other dragons and dragon riders. I ran over to him.

'Took you long enough,' said Reflamen. 

I smiled and sat down next to Reflamen's side. His belly was warm, almost hot, which I was thankful for since it was a relatively cold and windy day. 

'You know I'm big enough for you to sit on now,' said Reflamen.

'Mmmh,' I replied.

'Why don't climb up to my back.' said Reflamen.

''Good idea,' I got up and climbed up his scales onto his back. 

I found a creves near his neck where I could sit comfortably. I lay down across his neck and looked to the stadium past his horns. 

'This is a great view,' I said.