Chapter 7: Confusion and understanding

It had been three days since I had 'woken up'.

My dad had been almost as bad as my mom, all over me with worry. It was extremely annoying, and my siblings, two brothers and a sister, were continuously bugging me, asking me over and over again how it felt and if my heart stopped, or if I stopped breathing. How would I know, you don't exactly feel anything when you're knocked unconscious by a lightning bolt.

My friends had also been asking me where I had been, and my teachers were angry that I hadn't been at school for being away for three days, espacially since I had missed major assesment. 

Now, I was sitting in english class, listening to my teacher prattle on about Romeo and Juliet, which was getting really annoying. Why couldn't we just whatch the stupid film instead of the teacher stopping it whenever one character stops speaking.

I sighed and added another note to my growing list. I shook my head, trying to get rid of the dizziness that had been in my head since the mornining. It had been making it very difficult to consintrate. Reflamen was currently gorging himself on a meal brought to him by another dragon. He seemed very lively at that moment, probably because he hadn't moved much since I had fainted. I had tried to make him go out and play with the other baby dragons, or at least for a walk. Even if he couldn't talk yet, I could understand that he wasn't going anywhere, but it had been hurting the little dragon, even if he didn't realise it.

'I better get back to that world soon, otherwise Reflamen will begin to get ill form lack of exercise,' I thought. Reflamen heard the thought and snorted. He obviously thought that he was fine.

I smiled, imagining finally getting back to that world and spending time with Reflamen. Flying on his back with the wind flowing over my face, leaning forward as he began to go into a dive the leaning back as he pulled out of it, then clutching tight to the saddle as he twisted around. He would raor and breath a blast of extremely hot fire. Amazing!

"Derrick!" yelled the teacher, "Stop daydreaming and consentrate!"

I sighed, if only that could happen.

My magic had been getting better as well. I was managing to cast spells now without to much worry of running out of energy, and my fire spells were getting incredibaly easy, I could even set myself on fire without worry of getting burnt. Relflamen had seemed espacially interested in that. I was also getting pretty good at my sword work, and the 'imaganery' soldiers were becoming more and more real. They now effected things around them, like leaving footprints in the ground, or cutting apart bushes. I also found that I could summon them at will, and control them, like minions.

"DERRICK!" yelled my teacher.

"Sorry," I said, getting back to my work.

I glanced at my watch, only ten minutes to go, then lunch.

Suddenly a wave of dizziness washed over me. I groaned.

"Hey, are you alright man," said Rolland, my best friend.

"Yeah," I said, "Just feeling a bit dizzy."

He nodded.

I growned again, as another wave of dizziness came and went.

"You sure you're alright?" he said.

"Maybe not," I said, "I'll ask if I can go to sick bay."

I put my hand up. It took about a minute for the teacher to finally notice.

"Yes Derrick," he said.

"I'm not feeling well," I said, "May I go to sick bay."

Suddenly another wave of dizziness hit me, I put my head on the desk and let out a loud grown. The teacher frowned.