Chapter 3: The Resistance

We had been flying for hours. We flew for so long that I actually fell asleep, on a dragon's back! I usually find it hard to sleep on a car seat, let alone a dragon's back. I guess I was that tired. 

I woke up to find the sun just coming over the horizon. Sunrises in this place were amazing. I watched as the orange sunlight chased away the night sky, causing an amazing array of colours streeking across the sky. Orange, purple, green, it was beautiful.

As we flew over a hill I saw a large mountain in the distance. I had seen this view in my mind many times but, as before, nothing compared it to real life, especially with the sunset coming over the horizon. It almost glowed.

"There she is!" called Rogan over the wind, "Dead mountain. The most dangerous place in the world, unless you're allies with the resistance of course."

He looked back at me with a sarcastic stare, "You're allies with us, right?"

I smiled at him, "Of course I am!"

Rogan allways says this when he brings a newcomer to dead mountain, and they always reply with a nervous 'Yes sir!' After that he usually cracks up laughing.

"You know!" yelled Rogan, "You're the first person to ever get that joke!"

"I know," I yelled back.

Rogan looks at me surprised for a second before yelling out, "You know you're going to have to tell me how you know all this stuff one day!"

"Maybe," I yelled back, "But if I did you'd probably think I'm crazy."

"Maybe, but you're still gonna' have to tell me," He yelled back.

I smiled. I liked Rogan. Well, I always liked him, he is one of the main good guys, but now that I'd met him personally I was beginning to enjoy his company, although when we get to camp he'll probably get a lot more serious. It always happens, that's why he enjoys being out by himself, with his dragon. He doesn't have to deal with taking care of over a thousand people and keeping an alliance with the dragons that lived on Dead Mountain.  

As Dead Mountain got closer we both grew silent, watching as the rather imposing mountain drew closer and closer. I was beginning to see dark shapes circling the mountain top. Suddenly two of those dark shapes started to fly towards us.

As they got closer the dark shapes revealed themselves as two dragons. One green and one yellow. They flew up along side us.

"Rogan!" the one on the green said, "you've finally returned. What made you come back so quick?"

Rogan laughed. The men often made jokes about how often Rogan would travel. He usually leaves for around a week or so before coming back. This time he had only left for a day or two, I think anyway.

"Found a new recruit," said Rogan.

"Oh really," said the green rider. He gave me a crooked smile. His teeth were disgusting, like he hadn't brushed them in a year. It was then I recognized him. His name was Leo. He often used a giagantic double sided battle axe, and wielded it as if it were nothing. He is extremely tall, almost eight foot, and his body was filled with muscle. When you got into a fight with him, you tried extra hard not to get hit, but more about him later.

"He's young," said Leo, "you think he's good enough?"

I smiled at that. Leo doesn't think very highly of the younger generation, but I like him.

"He broke the kings magic," said Rogan, "So yeah, I think he's good enough."

"Really?" said Leo with new interest, "Well then, we could use this lad."