Chapter 5: Back to the real world

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I groaned, trying to get that annoying sound out of my head. Something heavy was draped over me, I felt warm, alomost hot, and extremely comfortable. I snuggled deeper into this warm embrace. 

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I sat straight up, looking for the sound of the annoying noise.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

'Where is that coming from,' I looked around for the annoying noise and my eyes fell on a screen. It looked like some sort of carciac monoter, one of those things next to your bed in the hospital, the ones that keep beeping and measure your heart rate. Wait a minute! I'm in a hospital?

I looked around to see that I really was in a hospital room, with white beds and all those cords around the place.I noticed that the 'warm imbrace' was really just one of those hospital dooners, who new they could be so comfy.

There was only one problem, I was quite sure that hospitals weren't in my book. I frowned, thinking that I ust have added them in somewhere but nothing came to me, and where was Rogan, he wouldn't have gone far.

I threw the covers of me and started to stand up, for some reason my legs felt very week, as if i've been laying down for days. I sat on the edge of the bed and put my bare feet to the floor. I flinched when I touched the growned, it was very cold. I stood up and almost fell back to the bed again. 

I sighed, 'Well this is annoying.'

Suddenly a pang of lonliness hit me. I was honestly quite surprised, I've never felt this way before, it's almost as if something has been taken from my mind. I was nearly panicing now.

'What's happening to me!'  I thought, nealry freaking out.

'CALM DOWN DERRICK!' I yelled at myself.

I took a deep breath, 'Okay Derrick think, how did you end up here? What's going? What might of coursed me to end up here?'

I remembered feeling dizzy as I entered the cave, then fainting when Reflamen hatched. Reflamen! He must be around here somewhere! I got up of the bed and walked quickly towards the white curtain that was blocking my view. I flung open the curtain and looked around. A nurse in a white dress was standing on the other side of the curtain, assessing another patient. She froze when she saw me burst from the curtains, with only the white hospital gown covering me. Ignored her I looked around frantically for the little dragon.

' Wait, I can use my mind, Reflamen! Reflamen, where are you!' I yelled with my mind. 

Suddenly a burst of colour filled the part of my mind that was missing, along with a bungle of happiness. I instantlly felt warm all over. I then noticed the nurse staring at me with utter shock.

"Sorry," I said, "Aahh... I'll just go back into... yeah."

I went back to the bed I was in and clsed the curtian behind me. After I closed the curtain I heard a shuffle of footsteps and I couldn't help but imagine the nurse running to find the doctor. I laughed at the thought.

I smiled as I felt Refalmen's presence searching my mind. 

'Where are you?' I asked Reflamen, hoping that he would be able to answer. I didn't expect him to, he was, after all, only a baby dragon. Although he will probably be big enough to ride in the next month, and be able to talk within the week.

The answer I got was another wave of joyfulness. I smiled, I couldn't help it, the dragon was sending waves of warmth through me. Suddenly the dragons emotions chaged from happiness, to surprise then a deep worry.