Chapter 6: More then thoughts

I was looking out the window of the car, thinking. Everything is so muddled up. One moment I'm in one world then the next moment I'm not. I didn't even think this could happen. I imagine tons of stories of what could be, but only this one drew my attention, and now, I'm stuck. What on earth is happening? I know it's not a dream, Reflamen would be gone if it was, but how can I be in two worlds. 

I sighed.

"What's wrong?" asked Mum.

"Nothing," I said, "Just a thought?"

I wonder if I'm still in the other world, unconciuos? Is that how Reflamen is able to reach me? And if that's the case, how will I get back? So any questions to be answered yet I can't find one. I could probably 'imagine' myself back to that world, but not without the proper inspiration. 

I let out another sigh. Mum looked at me with a concerned expression. I let out a forced smile to her then I continued to gaze out the window. Finally we got home. Mum jumped out of the car and opened the door for me. I smiled at her again. This time she smiled back. She took out the keys and opened the front door, it looked like my siblings weren't back from school yet. I walked slowly inside. It felt like years since I had been here, although it was only a few short days. 

Mum walked into the kitchen.

"Can I get you anything?" she asked, "I did the shopping yesterday, so we got a whole shelf full of food."

I grinned inwardly, she sounded so worried, "No mum, I'm not feeling that hungry."

She nodded.

I sat down on the couch and reached for the remote, thinking to turn on the TV. I stopped, having a sudden thought.

"Hey mum!" I called.

"Yes," replied Mum.

"Do you mind if I go for a walk?" I asked.

Mum looked up from what she was doing. She stared at me for a second, seeming to consider the request.

"Alright," She finally said, "But as long as you don't go to far."

I nodded.

I ran to my room and chucked on a pair of long pants and a jumper. Where I was going there were usually lots of mosquitos, and I hate mosquitos. I walked out the door, closing the door behind me. I climbed over the fence, into a large marshland like area. It looked extremely dry, but their was water everywhere. About two kilometres from our house was a bunch of hills, all clumped together. I started to make my way towards these hills. 

'Why did it happen?' was the main question I was asking. It was like a soon as Reflamen hatched I was forced back into this world, why though, and more importatnly how. I sighed, I was thinking about this to much, way to much. 

I felt Reflamen searching through my mind, he was seemingly surprised at what he saw. Even though he couldn't speek yet, we could communicate through feelings or images. It felt strange, but comforting at the same time. 

I walked for another ten minutes before I got to the hills. There was a path leading through them, straight the other side. The hills almost looked like the kind of hills you would find in a desert, all dry and long grass spread through it, most of it dead. 

I climbed down into a small valley inbetween two hills. It had another hill blocking it's back entrence so that no one could see into the valley from the highway, on the other side of the marshes. 

'Ok,' I thought, 'Let's see if this works.'

I lifted up my hand and though of my flaming staff. I waited a few seconds, thinking it wasn't going to work, then suddenly the flaming staff appeared in my hand. I jumped, then smiled.

'It acutally worked!' I thought.

Reflamen seemed pretty pleased as well.

'It's okay, budy,' I said to him with my mind, 'I'll find a way to you yet.'

Refamen mentally nodded. 

I gripped the middle of the staff and slowly pulled the two blades apart. They separated easily. I shifted my grip on the swords, to a forwards grip, then swung at an imaginery soldier. The soldier blocked and struck back. I twisted out of the way and with the same move brought my left blade up and cut the soldier's head of. He crumbled into dust.

'This is beyond cool,' I thought.

I was about to turn my blades back into a staff when I had a thought. I remembered how Derrick summoned his blade and it wasn't in an elemntal form. I frowned, then chucked the blades onto the ground, sure enough, they disappeared without a trace. I then thought of the two blades appearing in my hands, and sure enough, they did.

'Okay,' I said to Reflamen, 'Let's see what else I can do.'

I thought about how my blades were basically the blades of fire, so I put out my hand and thought about a fireball starting to form. It didn't work. I frowned at my hand. I thrust it out again, this time focusing completely on the work at hand. I closed my eyes and started to imagine.

A fireball started to form. It felt like my hand had 'gone to sleep' but there was a slight heat there. The fireball started to grow. I pulled back my hand, ready to through it.

I opened my eyes and threw my hand forward. A fireball shot from my hand and exploded against the hillside, causing a large creater and some of the nearby plants to set on fire.

'Whoops,' I thought, 'I hope nobody heard that.'

My attention then returned to the fire, which was starting to spread over the dry grass. 

'Oh great,' I thought.

I felt amusment coming from Reflamen.

'Shut up,' I said.

This only caused Reflamen to laugh more.

'Okay, how to put this fire out?' I though, 'Magic, again. Water spell this time.'

I closed my eyes again and started to imagine the water bomb forming in my hand. The same thing happened, the waterball started forming and when I threw it at the fire it caused a large explosion, but this time it didn't make a loud sound and didn't create a giant creater in the ground. The water splshed onto the fire and it went out. 

I smiled.

'Okay, now that's done, what else can I try?' I asked myself. 

Suddenly I felt extremely exhausted. I stumbled to the side of the hill and sat down. I now remebered how using magic sapped your strength.In fact, I was surprised I hadn't died because of the amount of magic I used.

'Stupid,' I thought, 'Stupid, stupid, stupid. Okay, next time start with the simpler stuff.'

I sighed and sat with my back against the hill. I smiled, I had used magic. This was definintly not a dream.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello again. I got another chapter out, surprisingly. I wasn't expecting it to be out this early, but anyway, it is, so enjoy. I doubt I'll be able to get another chapter out by the time I go to camp, then I won't be able to write for over a week, but then again, I might get one done by tomorrow, if I start tonight. Anyway, tell me what you think of the story so far, vote if you liked it and I'll be open to any advice anyone has for me. For now, see ya.

Pennator^^