Chapter 18: The power of thought

I went to sleep late that night. Mum and Dad had kept me up, asking hundreds of questions about what I could do and how I did it. I even had to show them Ignite and Raze, my twin swords. In other words, I was very tired. 

Derrick had also had questioning from the council about his Forbidden blade. They didn't through him out of the resistance, and actually put him on another mission, letting him go out and capture and ancient magical item that might help them with defeating the king. Which I, of course, already new. 

That night I collapsed onto my bed, exhausted. Reflamen was also still awake, he had moved my body in the other world to my tent. 

'So,' I said.

Reflamen shuffled a bit, 'I wish you could still be in this world. It would be a lot easier to cope with.'

'I know, but I still want to see my parents, the only problem I have is when I faint in the middle of the battle, like today,' I said.

'Yes, I was actually very afraid of what would happen,' said Reflamen, 'There is one thing I don't understand. At one point, an arrow shot though the doorway and went straight for you, but just as it was about to hit you the arrow bounced of you, like you were shielded. Another time, that traitor guy, what's his name?'

'Villain,' I replied.

'Yes, him,' said Reflamen, 'He tried to stab you with a knife, but just before the knife hit you, Villain seemed to convulse, then he fainted. Sadly he's still alive.'

'Did anyone notice him do it?' I asked.

'Not that I could see,' replied Reflamen,' Everyone thought he got hit by a piece of magic, or something like that.'

'That's interesting, the shield thing I mean,' I said, 'I didn't happen the last few times, did it?'

'Not that I could see, but then again no one has ever tried to hurt you when you've been asleep,' said Reflamen.

'Good point,' I said, 'Maybe the sheild runs along the lines of 'if anyone means harm, they get zapped' or something like that.'

I felt Reflamen smile, 'Maybe it does at that.'

I yawned.

'You should get some sleep,' said Reflamen, 'You have been through a lot today, I hope you get back soon.'

'You know when I'm getting back,' I said, smiling.

With that we both went to sleep, basically at the same time. 

The next morning I woke up later then I usaully do, I usually wake up around seven, in this world anyway, but I had slept in until about nine o'clock, which ment I had slept through my alarm, which goes on for about ten minutes before it stops. 

I layed in bed for the next few moments.

'School!' I remembered. 

I shot out of bed at top speed. I was very late, school started at eight fourty.

"Mum! Dad!" I yelled, "Are you there?"

'Morning sleepy head,' said Reflamen.

'Morning,' I replied, hurridly searching for my school clothes.

'You know, it's a saturday, right,' said Reflamen.

'Yeah,' I was still looking around for my clothes, they should of been on my bed.