Chapter 19: A Useful, but Troublesome Imagination

I wa laying in bed that night, thinking about what had happened that day. It seemed strange, but not strange at the same time, I mean, it's not every day you see a guy with a gun jump over your fence. I sighed and layed back in my bed. 

I usually find it very hard to sleep, usually because I imagine stuff so much when I'm in bed I find it hard to fall asleep, so I lay in bed, thinking about Derrick, and how he was going on his mission, and Rogan, as he organises the resistance in case of another attack, he was still trying to figure out how the men got up those cliffs. 

My mind returned to this world, and I remebered the guy with the gun, the guy I had made up. It was just a thought, but it came true. This was going to be very interesting, maybe I could do stuff from books, like the using magic from the Inheritance Cycle, or maybe bending elements, or maybe even shape shifting, or... FLYING! That would be awsome. 

I sighed, I was definitly going to try that last one out tomorrow. I was getting board again, and felt myself fazing out again. I started to trace my finger in a circle, imagining colourful sparkles floating near the roof starting to follow my finger. 

I sat straight up in bed.

'No way!' I thought.

The sparkles started to fade away again, leaving slight clour pinpricks behind, but the thing was, sparkles had actually appeared and started to follow my finger. 

'What is it?' groaned Reflamen, who had just woken up because of my outburst. 

'Nothing,' I replied, 'Just go back to sleep.'

Reflamen didn't listen to me and started to search my memories for the answer. 

'Reflamen! Just go back to sleep,' I said to him.

'That's one weird problem you got going on there,' said Reflamen, 'What would happen if you were in class, and I know you aften do this, and you imagine the white board eraser thing to go flying up and hit the teacher in the head, or those times when you imagine a sniper on the roof, trying to kill you, and when they shoot you block the bullet with you hand, how would you explain the bullet. The sniper alone will cause enough chaos.'

'You're right,' I replied, 'This could actually be very troublesome, although the eraser thing would be pretty funny.'

'I know,' said Reflamen, 'Now get back to sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a big day if your imagination keeps acting up way it has so far.'

'You're making it sound like a disease,' I laughed.

'Yay, the best disease ever. You can make and do whatever you want, as long as you don't go to overboard you won't kill yourself,' said Reflamen sarcastically.

'Got that right,' I replied laughing, 'Now, go to sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a big day.' 

'Good night,' said Reflamen and he was instantly asleep.

I sighed and closed my eyes, trying to get back to sleep, until I found myself starting to imagine again.

'This is going to be a long night,' I thought.

It was a long time until I got to sleep, but when I did I slept soundly, no dreams or anything like that. I slept through the morning, and when I finally woke up it was mid-morning, about ten thirty. I lay in bed for a few seconds then sat up, yawned, then stretched. 

I swung my legs over the side of my bed and stood up.

'Morning,' I said to Reflamen.

'Morning sleepy head, you know if you slept in this late while you were around in this world I would probably dunk a bucket of water on you,' said Reflamen.