Chapter 23: First Flight

I slid of Reflamen's back the walked over to Rogan.

"Hey there," said Rogan, "You coming to the feast."

I hesitated, "Actually I was thinking of spending the night with Reflamen. He's big enough to carry me now, and he's been dying for us to fly together. You know how it goes." 

"Alright," said Rogan, "But grab something to eat first."

"I will," I said.

"And make sure your back by nine tomorrow," said Rogan. 

"You're starting to sound like my mum," I said smiling.

Rogan smiled back, "Just get going."

I nodded and ran over to Reflamen.

'Should I fly you over there,' said Reflamen.

"Not yet," I said, "I want our first flight to be special, I'll just grab something to eat then meet you at the dragon landing area."

Relfamen nodded his big head, opened his wings, then took of. 

'Don't take to long.' he said, 'Or I will swoop down and pick you up while your eating.'

I smiled before running of over to the feast. 

I arrived just before they started to eat. I grabbed a chicken leg, and some salad, then wolfed them down as quickly as I could.

"Wow, slow down there," said someone from behind me. 

I turned around and saw Charole, eating a chicked leg. 

"What's the hurry?" she said.

I swallowed the food in my mouth, "Me and Reflamen are going to spend the night flying. We haven't flown together before, so this'll be a first."

"Makes sense," said Charole, "Lilly was almost as pushy when we went on our first flight."

I smiled. 

"Okay then," said Charole, "I'll leave you to it."

She walked off, back to the food table. I finished the rest of my food then started to make my way to the dragon landing area. Reflamen was waiting there, lying on his side. When he saw me he got up.

'Finally!' said Reflamen, 'What took so long.' 

'I didn't take that long,' I replied.

Reflamen snorted. I laughed then climbed up his side, onto his back. I sat myself in the small crevasse behind his shoulders. I grabbed onto his horns. 

"Let's go!" I called. 

Reflamen roared and ran straight off the edge of the cliff. I connected my mind with Reflamen's, so I knew exactly what he was going to do and feel hsi movements. Reflamen pressed his wings close to his side and he dropped like a stone. As he came towards a small sloped from the cliff he reached out his legs and started to run down the cliff side.

The wind passed over my face and I yelled with joy. Reflamen roared with me and as the slope came up he opened his wings and pushed of the cliff face, twurling in the air before becoming steady.

My hair was covering my face. I wooped, and stuck my hands in the air. 

'Now that was fun,' I said.

'You thought that was fast,' said Reflamen, 'You wait until you see my full speed.'

I smiled, 'Can't wait.'