Chapter 43: Two Worlds Collide

When I woke up I didn't really know what to expect. Maybe my body to be surrounded in slimy lizards, or a trap, or something. What I didn't exect was to wake up to complete darkness. I couldn't see anything.

I reached out in front of me and found what felt like a stone wall, but it seemed very strange, like it was protected in magic or something similiar. I shrugged, it wasn't like it would do it any good. I closed my eyes and put myself in the imaginative state. I spread my arms out and a huge white light spread out from my body. The wall surrounding me was completely blown to bits. 

I smiled and summoned my swords to my hands. I could see everything now, and what surprised me was the number of those green lizards. There were hundreds of them, thousands, and they were everywhere. Some were gigantic, as big as houses, som were as small as mice and some had wings to help them fly. 

'Wow,' I thought, 'There's more of them then I thought, it looks like the king has been summoning more of these beasts.'

'Your right about that,' said Reflamen, 'This migh cause a problem, especially the bigger ones.'

The lizard things all looked towards me at once. One of them growled, which sounded more like a gurgle. It charged at me, it's jaws wide open. I summoned my swords to my hands and quickly cut through the lizard, chopping it's head clean off. Suddenly all at once they charged. I struck another one, cutting it in half, then dodged an acid stream. I jumped into the air, front flipping, then landed on one of the bigger one's backs. I immediatly jumped back off. The souls of my feet felt like they were burning and I almost lost the control of my imagination.

I reimaginered my shoes, becuase they had been half eaten by the acid on the creature's skin.

'You got that?' I said.

'Yep,' said Relfamen.

Part of my plan was to get to the king, killing as many of these creatures as possible on the way, and finding out there strengths and weaknesses. Reflamen would then relay this to the army.

I connected my swords by the hilts, creating my flame staff. I struck the ground with it, creating a fire shockwave, going in the direction I had it pointed. The creatures cried out in pain as the fire struck them. The fire easily caught onto them, creating a mass of inferno creatures crying out in pain, stumbling about, into other lizards, making them catch fire as well.

'That''s surprising,' I said, 'I wasn't expecting them to have such an enormous weekness, especially one that we have a lot of.'

'I second that,' said Reflamen, he then relayed the information to the army.

I continued to work my way through the lizards. By now, half of the ones surrounding me had been burnt to ashes, and the fire kept on spreading.

'Hey,' said Reflamen, 'Can I still breath normal fire?'

I thought about it for a second, 'Yes... but you have to consentrate on normal fire to breath it, then you don't have to think about it again, but if you want to breath the explosive fire, just consentrate on that, and your breath should switch again.'

'You just made that up, didn't you?' said Reflamen.

'Yep!' I said smiling, 'I'll just make it happen or something.'

I felt Reflamen shrug, 'Good enough for me.'

I continued to slay the lizard like creatures. I knew where the king was, he seemed to have made his base at the school, which I found extremely annoying. The upside was, if we accendently destroyed the school in our battle, no more school.