Chapter 45: Wrath of the Flame Blades

The cry echoed all around the battle field. Many poeple looked towards us, one or two even flew down towards us. 

I staggered over to Reflamen's body. He was lying on his side, his eyes were open, and he looked like he had been in pain. 

"Reflamen," I said, falling onto the dragons side, "Please wake up. Please, please wake up."

I stroked his scales, it felt like something had been ripped out of me, and it hurt, literaly hurt. My head was in pain and I felt myself sliding away. My vision blured as the tears started to come out. 

"Reflamen," I cried, "Wake up!"

I felt myself slipping further and further, the pain was getting greater, then I heard laughing. It was hesterical. I looked up at Oreman, who was standing near the wall I ha smashed him into. 

"That idiot dragon," he laughed, "What sought of beast would do that, his rider would die anyway."

I felt the anger starting to rise, until I broke. I stood up, staring at the king, heat was literaly radiating from me. I had my hands by my sides, then I summoned my two swords. Instead of the usual flick of fire, the swords exploded into my hands, and they were on fire. They were so hot that the ground around me started to melt away. 

I started to walk towards the king, looking at him in shear hatred. He was staring at me in surprise.

"That's impossible," he said, staggering back, "Usually riders die soon after there dragon."

I smiled, one that never reached my eyes, "Riders only die becaused when there dragons do something is literaly ripped right out of them, there soul, but if the rider manages to push through the pain, usually with some help. They become a fource to be reconed with, and unfortunalty for you, you just killed a dragon, and you will die."

I said it all calmly, even though on the inside I was burning up. The king staggered back.

"You know," I said, "The most dangerous enemy is one that has nothing to loose."

I suddenly jumped at Oreman, aiming the swords at his heart. He went to push them out of the way but as soon as his trident hit them, an explosion happened, blasting the king a few metres. He quickly rolled back to his feet. 

I charge after him, swinging my swords in a deadly ark. The king rolled out of the way but my second sword came after him, which he blocked, causing another explosion, knocking him way back. I was now completely focused on the king, nothing else mattered right now except killing him.

I swung my swords so fast they were a blur, the king strubbling to block them, especially since everytime he did an explosion happened. We were surrounded in fire now, everything was red. I hit the kings staff with both my swords, causing another massive explosion.

The king backed off, but I kept coming, hamering Oreman with blow after blow. He struggled to block them, but finally had a shot. He cast a will spell at me, knocking me back, then jumped towards me with a massive blow. I ducked under it, slicing at his legs. The king jumped but I was to quick and cut his legs with my swords, burning through his clothes.

The king cried out in pain. He stumbled back, trying to get some distance, but I kep on attacking, never giving him a chace. The king blocked from the side, then the top, then the bottom, all in a very fast fasion. I was pushing him back, but I didn't care, I just wanted that idiot dead.

My eyes were focused only on the king, staring him in the eyes the whole time, yet placing my blows perfectly. I hated the man in front of me. I had never hated anyone before, so this was a new fealing, but I welcomed it, letting my anger burst forth like a volcano. I let it feed into my arms and legs, then into my swords, giving me all the strength I could ever want. The swords got hotter, the strokes got stronger, and the determination to see him dead was running through me like a hurricane.