Chapter 47: The Power of Imagination

I landed back on the ground, looking into the distance, and smiled. The king was finally dead. I had completed my goal. I looked down at the sword in my hand. I glowed slightly, as if it new what I was thinking.

"Don't worry Reflamen," I said smiling, "I'll be with you soon."

The gap that Reflamen once filled was now comletely void. I hadn't noticed it before, but now that the king was dead, nothing else mattered. I didn't have a reason to live. I felt the tears come to my eyes, and I cired. I cried for a long time, mourning the loss of everyone here, and how I hadn't been able to stop it. I cried for all the deaths I had caused, and the death of my dragon.

I nelt to the floor and gripped the swords with two hands. The sun came out, shining towards me. It looked beautiful, like heaven was decending. I smiled then rasied the sword up to the sky. The sun didn't shine of the flame blade, it was made from magic, so it wasn't like metal. I thought about what I was about to do, then plunged the blade towards my heart.

Suddenly it swurved away from my body and met another swords with a distinct clash.

"No you don't," said a femine voice that I new all to well.

I looked up at Charole, who was standing there with her sword against mine.

"Hello Charole," I said with a tired smile.

"Don't kill yourself!" said Charole, with a snarl on her face, "That is the most dispicable way for a worrior to die. Especially for no reason."

I sighed and shook my head, "Charole, I have no reason to live. If that's not a good enough reason to die then I don't know what is."

"You have plenty of reason to live!" yelled Charole, "What about your family, friends, and your dragon, your not going to just give up on them are you!"

"My family may be still alive," I said, "But all my friends, and Reflamen, are gone. Without Reflamen, I have no reason to live. Your a dragon rider. What of Lilly died, what then?"

"I would be destraught if Lilly died," said Charole, "But I'd only kill myself if I knew there was no way of getting her back."

"What?" I said, looking at her in confusion.

Charole laughed at me, "You really are stupid sometimes. You may be the most powerful person on the planet, but you are as stupid as they come."

"And how do you figure that?" I said with a raised eyebrow.

"You have the power to do almost anything!" she said, "Just freaking bring the dragon back to life."

I stared at her for a few seconds, taking in what she just said.

"Wait a minute," I said looking at her, "You mean I should just... revive Reflamen from the dead."

"YES!" she cried, "You created a whole world, so I don't see how bringing a dragon from the dead should be to much of a problem."

"Charole you're a genious!" I said with relief.

I laughed, Reflamen was going to be brought back. The gap was still there but it would soon be filled once more.

"Well what are we waiting for?" she said.

I stood up and started to run towards Reflamen's body. This day just got a whole lot more brighter. We raced towards where Reflamen's body lay. I was the first to make it, Charole right behind. A few dragons riders looked at us in surprise.

I looked for Reflamen, and saw him, surrounded by hundreds of other dragons. They were all gathered around, and they started to hum. It was a dragonic tune sung at a dragons funeral, before they burnt the body.