Chapter 4 part 2: My own dragon

Rogan was waiting for me on the other side of the door. He looked very board, his hands on his chin, staring into the distance. The door creaked when I opened it. He looked up, breaking from his trance. 

"Hey," I said, smiling at him.

Rogan smiled back. He glanced at the swords in my hand and frowned slightly before smiling again.

"I see you got your swords," he said.

"Yep," I said with a smile, "When do I get to test them."

"First, give them to me, I'll see how good they are," said Rogan holding his hands out for the two swords.

I gave them to him handle first. He gripped the two with his hands and took a couple of swings. He frowned and gave them back to me.

"You sure you want them?" said Rogan sounding confused.

"Yes," I said with a smile.

"But there... unbalanced, you sure you wouldn't want any other two other double swords, they are unwealdy," said Rogan.

It was my turn to frown, they seemed perfect in my hands. Like they were made for me. Why was it that no one else liked them. They were the perfect duo.

"They seem perfectly fine to me," I said, still frowning.

"Ok," said Rogan, "Let's see how you move with them. We're going to go to the training feilds to test your two blades. Hey Robby, do you mind if we take these swords down for testing."

Robby smiled, "Of course, and if your not happy return and I'll give a full refund."

Rogan smiled, "Come one Derrick, let's go and test your swords out."

We made our way to the training arena. It was a big grassy feild with children, teens and adults of all ages duking it out like they were fighting for their lives. I wasn't surprised, of course.

"Ok," said Rogan, "Try out your blades, by yourself first, of course, and I'll judge. If you can handle the blades like they are perfect then you can keep them, but if you don't then we'll take them back to Robby."

I nodded in understanding, I already knew the prosedure. I took I ready position, it felt awkward, but that was only because I had never fought with a sword before, let alone two swords.

I imagined a soldier in front of me. He had a spear and a sheithed sword at his hip. He lunged at me with his spear. I twisted and struck with one of my swords. It sliced through the spear like a knife through butter. The soldier took a step back and was about to draw his sword, but I jumped forward and sliced through the soilders neck. It seemed to disintagrate. I took a step back, then instantly ducked and rolled out of the way of a spear that flew over my shoulder. I turned around to face another imaginary soldier. He drew his double-handed sword and swung it over head at me. I crossed the swords and the sword came down heavily on me. For some reason I felt the weight and shock of the double sword. This guy was imaginary, it wasn't 'sposed to have weight. The two of swords seemed to move of their according. I took one of them away from the lock and struck the soldier through the stomach. It disintegrated before my eyes. It all seemed so real. I ducked and jumped out of the way of two more swords. I changed the grip of my right sword to a reverse grip, like assasins and there knifes, and blocked a storke coming from behind spun around and chopped the soldiers head off. It also disintegrated. Somehow this didn't see like my imagination. I dodged another stroke, blocked then struck with both swords in two different directions, killing two more soldiers. Suddenly soldiers were everywhere. I ducked, blocked and struck so fast I didn't even know what I was doing anymore. The blades were controlling my every move.