Chapter 28: Intensive Training, The Easy Way

I climbed onto Reflamen's back. Leivite made his way onto Lilly's. The two dragons liifted of the ground.

'You know,' I said to Reflamen, 'Only yesterday we had our first flight and now you fly me everywhere.'

'Well don't get used to it,' said Reflamen, 'When you get back you won't be able to ride me for another three days.'

'Yeah, yeah,' I replied, 'I know, but still.'

Reflamen and I continued our chatter until we landed at the Resistance. As soon as Leivite got off Lilly, she flew off, in surch of her rider. I jumped off Reflamen's back and onto the ground.

"So, what do we do now?" I said.

"Now, we train you," said Leivite, "Like you've never been trained before. We are going to train you to fight on dragon back, and how to fend of two enemies with only one sword."

"Oh, okay, when did you decide this?" I aksed confused.

"Just then," said Leivite smiling, "And when you're back in your own world, imagine a dragon or something, that you can ride on, and also give yourself a sword, not your fire ones, that you can practice with."

I nodded.

"Now," said Leivite, "To find Rogan, or at least Derrick."

We started to look around for Rogan or Derrick. We found Rogan but he was to busy making plans for the attack. I then found Derrick in the training ground, swinging his shadow blade at imaginery foes. When he saw us coming he stopped and dropped his sword. It disappeared into thin air.

"Hey Derrick," I said.

"Hey," he replied, "What you want?"

"I was just wondering if you could teach me how to sword fight, especially against two or more opponents," I said.

Derrick nodded, "Alright, but why would you want that, you've already got Ignite and Raze."

I nodded, "Yeah but, I think it might be a good idea, just in case, you know."

Derrick smiled, "Well, I guess it's good to be prepeared for anything."

I smiled.

"Okay, get your sword," said Derrick.

I went to draw it from it's shieth, but found nothing there. 

"Oh! Wait! I left it in my tent," I said, "Be right back."

'Reflamen!' I called with my mind. 

Reflamen swooped down and I jumped onto his back. 

'Nice jump,' said Reflamen.

'Thanks'

We flew over my tent. Reflamen hovered in one spot and let his tail lead down to the ground. I climbed down his tail then went into the tent and grabbed my sword. I then climbed back up Relfamen's tail and onto his back.

'Let's get going,' I said.

Reflamen flew back towards Derrick. He landed on the training field. I jumped off his back and ran over to Derrick. I noticed Shadowrang with him, and they seemed to be... sparing.

I watched on the side lines, waiting for them to finish. Derrick was using another short sword, which he had probably brought from the balcksmith. He block a wing stroke from Shadowrang, then ducked another. He jumped back, avoiding a claw stroke, but Shadowrang jumped at him. Derrick quickly regained his footing, and instead of dodging, he drove his sword upward at Shadowrang, a stroke at the heart, but the sword never touched Shadowrang. Instead he froze in mid air, like he seemed to have been frozen in time. Derrick took a step back and shiethed his sword. Shadowrang resumed movement and fell to the floor.