Chapter 30: The Beginning of the End

That night I slept better then I had in ages, even after the events of the day. No dreams, and, for the first time, I went straight to sleep without imagining anything, I was that exhausted! The next morning I woke up early, around six, without Reflamen waking me up. I stetched and got dressed then headed to Leivites house. When I walked out I saw Reflamen there, still asleep. 

'Wow,' I thought, 'That's a first.'

I smiled and conitnued my way over to Leivites. When I arrived I saw Leivite out in the clearing making a small pile of stones mold together into a pyramid. I waited until he had finished to talk.

"Hello Leivite," I said.

"Hello," said Leivite picking up the tiny pyramid, "You're late."

"Sorry about that," I said, "Reflamen didn't wake up in time."

Leivite nodded, "Okay then, let's get started."

We spent the next few hours going through all the spells I had learnt and how to control them. By the end I was mildly exhausted, but ready for another bout. 

"Okay, that should do us for today," said Leivite, "Try to get here on time tomorrow."

I nodded and started to run off to my training with Derrick when Leivite called out, "And Derrick, I don't want you to fight in the war tomorrow. I want you to stay here until you become unconscious, then you can go when you wake up."

I stopped and looked back at Leivite, "Why?"

"I don't want you to get in anybodies way when you fall," said Leivite, "To many people will worry about you, even if you do have that magical shield.

I nodded, "Okay then."

With that I ran back to my tent and grabbed my sword. Reflamen was gone so I assumed he had gone hunting. I ran over to the training fields, for some reason I had a very strange thought about the battle.

'The battle's going to last for six days,' I thought, 'That should be long enough for me to get there and back without any problem.'

I nodded to myself. Even though I didn't know what was going on anymore I could still somewhat control the events. 

When I reached the training fields I noticed that Rogan wasn't there.

'Probably doing preparations for the battle,' I thought.

I managed to spot Derrick on the other side of the field leaning against Shadowrang. I could tell they were talking to each other. 

'Hey Reflamen,' I said, 'Can you come here please, I'm about to start training.'

I felt Reflamen take a sharp turn left and he started to fly back towards the camp, 'Be there in a few seconds.'

Sure enough he sailed right over the training a fields a few seconds after our convisation. He glided down and landed next to me with a big thud. He shook himself and looked over to me. He had blood all over his face, which actually made him look quite silly. I cast a spell that cleaned up his face.

'Thank you,' he said.

I shook my head and we walked over to where Derrick and his dragon were waiting.

"Hello!" I called out.

"Hey," replied Derrick, "Everything going well?"

I nodded.

"Okay then, let's get started," he walked over to me and cast a spell on my sword and body, then he did the same with the dragons, "Okay, I asume you know what your doing, now fight.'