Chapter 8: Training begins

I waited for what seemed like hours for Rogan to finish with the younger people. I was incredibly board, and found myself fiddling with the grass at my feet and thinking up random stories I could write when I got back. I wished my laptop was still with me, then I would be able to put these thoughts to use.  

Finally Rogan had finished. He walked over to me and smiled.

"Finally," I mumbled.

"I heard that," said Rogan smiling. 

I rolled my eyes, "So... are we going to start now?"

"Yep," said Rogan smiling.

I stood up eagely and summoned my swords to my hand. 

Rogan raised his eyebrow, "Where not doing that yet."

I slumped.

"We're going to do some warm up exercises!" he said with fake enthusiasm, "First of is a quick jog around the village!"

He started to run, "Come on, haven't got all day!"

I started to run after him, after making the swords disappear of course.

'Should of known,' I thought.

'Should of know what?' said Reflamen.

'Doesn't matter,' I replied.

But Reflamen quickly got the information through my mind.

'Ha Ha, you have to do laps around the village!'  he said.

'Yeah, but I'm pretty sure you're going to have to start soon,'  I replied.

'Na! I'm still young, I don't get trained yet,' said Reflamen

I was starting to gain on Rogan, I had always been a runner, both with long distance and short, but I found myself starting to loose my breath quickly.

'I wouldn't be so sure,' I replied to Reflamen.

At that moment Relfamen heard the crash of a dragon landing. I looked through his eyes and found him staring at a large purple dragon. It was Sophire. She bent her head down to the little dragons that were playing around. Reflamens mind was entered by a strange presence.

'Come with me hatchlings,' said Sophire, 'Your training starts now.'

I heard Reflamen groan.

'Told you,' I said.

I then shut Reflamen from my mind and focused on catching up to Rogan. It took a while but eventually caught up to him, but I was almost out of breath.

"How... long... have we... got to... go?" I said gasping for air.

"We're about half way," said Rogan casually. He wasn't even slightly out of breath.

I groaned but kept running. For some reason when I start running I find it almost impossible to stop, unless I finish the race, in which case I usually colapse afterwoods.So I kept running, even speeding up a little.

It took about ten more minutes of running to finally reach the end. I collapsed on the ground heaving, trying to get the air back into my lungs. Rogan stood over me with a raised eyebrow.

"I never said it was time to rest," he said, "Come on, fifty push ups."

'WHAT!?' I thought, 'I can bearly do fifty when I haven't just run a hundred miles, let alone now!'

'Quit complaining,' said Reflamen, he seemed out of breath as well, 'I just got thrown of a cliff and told to fly.'

'And did you?' I asked.