Chapter 39: The Forbidden Blade

As I fell into the darkness, I imagined, I imagined myself, dreaming about the batte to come, and the fight between Derrick and the King. I fell into a pit of darkness, which wasn't dark for long, the battle field suddenly was put into focus.

Derrick and the king were looking towards me with surprise. The king was still clutching his injured arm, but as he began to see that I was out cold, he laughed, a very gruesom laugh. 

"Hahaha!" he laughed, "That boy is just the funniest thing ever, he fights so well but when it comes to power he faints like a man that hasn't slept in days."

The king was smiling when he pointed his staff at my prone body. Suddenly a dark bolt of shadow shot from the staff, straight towards me. Just before the blast hit, it exploded, going around me with dark shadows, but leaving my body untouched.

The king hesitated, "What just happened? No one could even hope to block that, let alone survive it."

Derrick smiled, "That kid really is amazing."

He looked towards the king and got his sword in his ready position. The king saw his movement and turned towards him.

"Are you seriously going to fight me?" said the king, "You've seen what I've done to your companions, and that was when there were three of you."

Derrick nodded his head, "I know perfectly well, but you forgot one thing, that staffed was the only thing you used, no skill at all, you let the staff do all the work. It may be an extremely powerful weapon, but with someone as week as you, you shouldn't be much of a problem." 

The king howled in rage, "I'LL SHOW YOU WEEK!"

He pointed his staff at Derrick and let a huge beam of darkness come out of it. Derrick rolled out of the way, took a throwing knife out of his belt, and threw it, right towards the kings legs, all in less then a second. The kings staffed moved into the way of the knife, making it deflect of it. The king snarled a beaslty snarl. 

Derrick threw another knife, then another. The king blocked every single one of them, snarling every time Derrick threw one. Suddenly Derrick charged, swing his blade up high, then making it come crashing down towards the king's head. Oreman's staff got in the way. Derrick instantly swung his sword in an understroke, which the king also blocked. 

Derrick then began to unleash a fury of blows on the king, not giving him any time to attack. The staff moved hurridly into the way of each stroke, and the king was trying his best to keep up. Finally Derrick stepped back. He was breathing at his normal rate, not exhausted in the slightest. The king, on the other hand, was a completely different story. He was gasping for air and trying his best to keep himself standing. 

He reached up and touched his injured arm, which still had a large burn across the bottom. He held the staff weekly, trying to keep it from slipping from his grip. The king snarled angrily.

"You will pay," said the king.

He was breathing very heavily now, if he was a dragon fire would be coming from his mouth. He suddenly thrust his hand at Derrick, probably using a spell of will, because Derrick was blasted towards a nearby rubble pile. Just before he reched the pile the sword pointed itself towards it. The sword became shrowded in shadow, which suddenly shot forward, hitting the pile. A wirl pool of shadow was created, and Derrick landed right in the middle of it, and disappeared. I looked to the other side of the pile. 

Derrick was standing there, looking extremely surprised. He looked at himself, then the pile. He frowned then started to climb to the top. The king looked very pleased with himself, but when he saw Derrick climb from the pile, he almost fell over in surprise. He narrowed his eyes and put up his hand, summoning a fireball. He then threw it at the rubbel.