Chapter 31: Strange Happenings in the Real World

My eyes opened. I blinked because of the light. I heard a beeping noise somewhere near me and the sound of rushing feet somewhere near. When my eyes got used to the light a found myself staring at a white roof. I looked around and found myself in a hospital bed with lots of wires attached to me, along with one of those beeping things. 

'Why am I here?' I thought, 'I told mum not to bring me here again.'

I rubbed my eyes, yawned, then got up from the bed, just as a nurse walked in. 

"Oh!" she said, "You're awake!"

I nodded.

"Okay then, we'll just call your mother and she'll be here in a sec," said the nurse as she went to make her way out of the room.

"Hey!" I said, "Just a minute, I'm leaving now, and there is nothing you can do to stop me. Also, don't worry about ringing my mum, I'll get to my house before you can even get to the phone."

"Now excuse me," said the nurse, "If you keep walking out like this it will cause even more lapses like this one, this is the third time this month you have been in the hospital because of falling unconscious."

"Look, I don't need medical attention," I said, "All I need is to get home, and fast."

With that I jumped out of the bed and started to walk towards the door of the room.

"Now excuse me Mr!" said the nurse, grabbing my shoulder.

I sighed.

'Hey Reflamen,' I said, 'How's the battle going?'

'Oh,' replied Reflamen, 'You're awake. The battles going fine, the Resistance just broke through the outer walls of Taknor. They are now fighting a battle in the streets, but they are getting pushed back.'

'Well I'm just going to have to change that aren't I,' I said.

'Aaah, how are you going to do that?' said Reflamen.

'You'll see,' I said.

The nurse was still yelling at me when I had finished talking to Reflamen.

"ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME!" yelled the nurse.

"Look," I said to her, "There are some friends that need my help, and I am going to help them no metter what you say, so let go, before I make you."

I didn't really want to scare the nurse, but I was getting very impatient. 

"OH YEAH, WELL YOU'RE NOt GOING ANYWHERE BUSTER!" she screamed.

'Wow,' said Reflamen, 'She really does yell a lot.'

'It's only because she's angry,' I replied.

I sighed again.

"I don't want to hurt you," I said.

"IN THE STATE YOU'RE IN, YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BE HURTING ANYONE," yelled the nurse.

I just shook my head. I then cast a wind spell at the nurse and knocked her from my shoulder and onto the bed. I then sprinted down the hallway, leaving the nurse lying on the bed, wondering what had just happened. 

'That was easy,' I said.

'You should have just done that in the first place,' replied Reflamen.

I laughed and ran right past the front desk of the hospital. It took a few moments for the people at the front desk to recognise me.

"Hey!" one of them yelled, "What are you doing? You're not supposed to be out of bed yet."