Chapter 38: The Two Forked Trident

I opened my eyes, and instantly got up. I groaned and sat back down with a punding headache, and a screaming leg. I looked all over my body, cheking my injuries. When I got to my leg, I gulped. It was clearly broken, it looked like my whole leg, from knee to foot, had been turned sideways. 

'Oh great,' I said, 'How can I fight like this?'

'Derrick!' yelled Reflamen, 'Your awake!'

'Yes Reflamen,' I replied, 'I'm awake. Did I miss anything.'

'Yes,' said Reflamen, 'You missed a lot.'

'What did I miss?' I said, dragging myself over to a peice of rubble, so I could lean on it.

'Rogan and Sophire joined in the fight,' said Reflamen, 'Rogan has that staff thing, and Sophire is helping Shadowrang and me with Terror. This dragon in impossible to kill by the way, why make him so big?'

I just shook my head, 'Get back to the point.'

'You humans have resumed fighting on the ground,' said Reflamen, 'By the looks of things the king is having a hard time, that staff works a lot like one of your magical swords, but the king seems to be always going after Rogan, only getting Derrick when he needs to. They would probably like your help.'

'I'll try to get there,' I said, 'But I'm not to sure how much help I can be.'

I sent him an image of my broken leg. 

'Ouch,' said Reflamen, 'Well he'll it up and then get your butt towards the fight.'

'I'll try, but with all this pain I don't think I could consentrate hard enough,' I said.

'The do what you always do,' said Reflamen, 'Close your eyes.'

'I'll try,' I replied.

I closed my eyes and started to imagine. The pain in my leg was making it extremely difficult, but I had to do it. I closed my mind to the pain, then started to consintrate, narrowing my eyes and gritting my teeth.

'It's no use,' I said, 'I just can't consintrate enough.'

'Well then don't consintrate!' said Reflamen, 'Just relaxe and let your mind be pulled in, that's how this whole thing started off!'

I sighed and nodded. I relaxed against the rubble, closing my eyes. I still felt the pain, but it was more like a dull throb then anything else. I let my mind wonder, and I just imagine, with no pacific purpose in mind, I didn't even know I was imagining. 

I saw a broken down man, that looked more like a boy. His leg was twisted at and odd angle, and it was broken. He also had a large bumb on his head, the wa bleeding ferociously, which was probably more dangerous then the leg. 

I looked out behind the rubble the boy was leaning on, and into a little clearing within the rubble. Three men were fighting. Two of them had blades that looked like shadows, but one was darker then the other, and the remaining man had a long staff, that ended in a blub. The man with the staff occasionaly shot a ball of darkness at the man with the darker sword. The staff guy and the lighter-dark-sword guy seemed to be working as a teem. 

I looked to the sky and saw four monsters, no, dragons, fighting it out. There was one gigantic one, which was black, then there were two others that were a lot smaller, but still a relativly big size, then there was one that was even smaller, and he seemed covered in a shadowy like aura. It looked like it was all onto the big guy.