Crybaby.

Still Roger's P.O.V.

"Want to go back in?" I asked.

"Umm...no. Not yet. You two go ahead, I just, I just want to take a minute." Freddie forced a smile.

I nodded warmly at him, "Come on Deaky." I said to John.

We both began to climb out of the back of Freddie's car.

"I won't be long..." Fred chuntered.

I pushed the door closed and waited for John to catch me up.

"He's really troubled. I've never seen him like this before." There was a hint of worry in John's voice.

I shook my head, "Neither have I. We need to help him."

"How?"

We paused outside the studio door.

"We need to come up with some kind of plan! Stop Bri being a total douchebag, make Freddie make an advancement and give Brian a clue and find out what the fuck Brian is actually doing so that we can put Freddie's mind at rest about him dating somebody."

"And how the bloodyhell do we do that?" John asked with sarcasm in his voice as if it was an impossible task.

I sighed looking down at the floor before I looked into Johns eyes, I had to keep a hold of myself and not kiss him right there and then.

"I don't suppose you fancy coming round tonight for a drink so we can come up with a plan?" I asked shyly.

I'd never actually spent a whole hour with John alone, never mind a full evening. Of course I wanted to help Fred and come up with a plan for him but this was also my chance at getting even closer to John.

I watched him break into a grin, "Yeah sure. I think that would be a good idea! I'll bring the drink."

"Brilliant!" I beamed, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face as I followed him into the studio.

"Where's the crybaby?" A smug voice sounded and made the grin wipe from my face immediately. I turned sharply towards Brian, anger bubbling up inside me.

"Why don't you see for yourself? You're the one that's upset him." I blurted out.

"Me? Why is it my fault? I know we had a bit of a tiff this morning but it was nothing serious, he just got frustrated because I wouldn't tell him where I have to go..." Brian said puzzled.

I massaged my temples, I was wrong to snap at Bri, he had no idea what he was doing to Freddie so he wasn't to blame.

"Sorry...he's just a little sensitive at the moment, a lots bothering him."

"Like what?"

I looked at Brian's face now, he'd stopped playing with the strings on his guitar and was leaning forward in his chair with a slight sheen of worry present on his face.

He did care about Fred. We all did. Brian and Freddie were incredibly close friends.

Brian wasn't meaning to be the bad guy. He doesn't even know he's in the wrong at all. It's only because myself and Deaky know what he's doing to Freddie that we have a little less patience with him. And that wasn't fair on Bri.

"He's just having a bit of a low moment. He'll pull through." John realised I was in deep thought and answered Brian's question for me,

"Talk to him later? He'll like that." I half smiled at Brian.

I wondered if I'd made a mistake asking Brian to talk to Freddie seeing as though it seemed like Fred couldn't stand the guitarist at the moment. But maybe it would be best to talk it out.

"Of course." Brian answered.

We didn't want to start rehearsing until Freddie came back in so all three of us just did our own little thing for a while, Brian played around on his acoustic guitar, I practiced a drum solo and John was sat at the table scribbling away at a song he was working on. We all knew he was writing a song but none of us were allowed to read it until he was finished with it. John wrote amazing songs but he always presented them to us with such a lack of courage and self doubt. It was always, 'it's really not that good' when more often than not it was bloody genius.

My mind began to wander and I wondered if I should have taken the vodka off of Freddie. I wouldn't put it past him to drink the whole bottle and walk back in here absolutely fucking bladdered. He's done it before. I wanted to go out and check on him so badly but I also knew he needed his space.

I decided to try and get some answers out of Brian.

"Oi, May. What are you up to anyways? Why are you having to leave early for the next few weeks?"

He chuckled, "Oi, Taylor. I can't tell you yet, I'm not allowed."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Why aren't you allowed?"

He groaned, "I know it sounds really bad and I hate keeping stuff from you all but I just can't tell you yet. I'm sorry." He shrugged.

"Oh." I really wanted to make a comment about how he doesn't tell us anything anyways. But I also didn't want to cause an unnecessary argument.

"You'll get to know soon, I promise." He gave us a cheesy fake grin.

We all began to do our own thing again until we heard the door open.

I looked up from my drums and watched Freddie walk in, the bottle of vodka was still in his hand.

He stood before us all as we were all quiet now.

"Hi..." his voice was hushed.

"Are you alright, Fred?" Brian asked.

"Yeah..." he breathed and entered the mixing booth.

Myself, Brian and John all exchanged looks.

"Is he drunk?" Brian mouthed pointing in his direction.

I shrugged, not knowing whether he was drunk or just exhausted.

"Freddie?" I called cautiously as the other two monitored the situation.
Fred looked up at me through the mixing booths window and gave me a nod as if he was saying 'what?'

"Umm...can I borrow you for a second?"

I heard him grumble and watched as he got up from his seat and exit the mixing booth.

"What?" He asked.

"Just...hold me this a moment."

I threw one of my drumsticks at him to see if his reactions were normal.
I took him by surprise with this action and he gasped, attempting to catch it but failing miserably. Yes. His reactions were fine. He could never catch.

"Jesus bloody Christ Roger you could have taken my fucking eye out!" He turned around and picked up the drumstick that had rolled behind him.
I caught sight of a slight smile on his face before he paused and eyed all three of us up that were still silently watching him.
"What?" He asked again, suspiciously. He stood up straight again, "You all think I'm fucking drunk, don't you." He said seriously with a sarcastic look on his face.

He looked away trying to hide a grin that was wanting to break free, I giggled and I saw the other two with their hand over their mouth trying to stop laughing.

"You bastards!" Freddie suddenly laughed. "I'm okay now Dears, thank you for asking!" He winked and threw my drumstick back to me.