Bloodshot Eyes.

Roger's P.O.V.

"Thank you for another lovely night, Rog." He smiled down at the floor making me grin at him as we stood outside my bedroom, ready to say goodnight after yet another successful date.

We've been on about 8 dates now. I was infatuated with this little bass player.

We were not yet official 'boyfriends' even though I really wanted to be. I was itching to ask him but wasn't sure if he was ready.

We'd not kissed yet either. I was craving his lips on mine now but didn't want to rush things.

Even though I felt like things were going too slow, Deaky looked comfortable with the current flow.

The next day things seemed to be tense in the Queen household.

Brian was walking around with a sad look in his eyes but an all round angry persona, as if he could explode at any point.

And Fred hadn't ventured out of his room all day, which wasn't like him. He only did that when something serious had gone off.

"What do you think Deaks? Shall we ask these two mardy buggers if they want a takeaway and film night instead of us going out?" I suggested as we made a cup of tea.

"Yeah that sounds great! Only if we get fish and chips." He winked at me almost sending my knees into a buckle.

"Fish and chips it is then." I grinned.

He strode passed me to go get the milk out of the fridge, I felt playful, catching his arm and swinging him around, lightly pushing him up against the work surface as he giggled.

"You look rather delectable today." I flirted. I was comfortable with flirting now, considering I had basically caught my prey it gave me room to play with it. Besides, I loved delivering him compliments to get rewarded with that amazing shy smile that shines through his eyes.

Sometimes I got ahead of myself though, staring at him and imagining the things I wanted to do. Those seemed far away though, my main priority was the kiss.

"So do you." He gave me a cheeky lip bite.

I wanted to hold his hand, I wanted to sit with my arm around him, I wanted to flirtatiously touch him in secret to get his motors running, I wanted him to hold me close whilst I pressed him against this work surface. I wanted to kiss him. Sleep in the same bed as him. Play with his hair. Trace his outlines with my fingers. I wanted all of him.

We stared into each other's eyes, both of our visions flickering down to each other's lips, his glistened with saliva, tension was rising between us...I dared to slightly lean forward, to initiate the kiss that was quite obviously building up, I could feel his breath on my cheeks, I thought it was really going to happen, my heart had began to thud hard and loud, until...

"For fuck sake." And then an angry growl.

I tore myself away in annoyance and span around to see the curly haired guitarist throwing himself down on the settee with his guitar on his lap.

"What's up with you?" I asked with slight bitterness, he just ruined my moment.

"Broke a string." He spat not bothering to turn around.

"Disaster..." I muttered under my breath, scowling.

I earned a prod from John, "Are you alright Bri?" Deaky asked him, sounding like he had a lot more patience with him than I did.

"Mmm." He responded.

John cast me a wide eyed look as if to say oh shit. Brian seemed like he was in a foul mood.