The Final Obstacle.

John's P.O.V.

Driving to my parents house Roger was silent the whole way there. I kept trying to make light hearted conversation but he didn't engage.

All he did was stare down into his lap and play with his fingers.

My parents lived about 45 minutes away so the drive seemed like it went on forever.

I wanted Rog and I to have a conversation, about anything. To keep both of our minds busy because the thoughts of mine were slowly making me insane. I wanted to turn the car around and go back home. But we were too close now to back out.

I gave up and just let him be quiet, turning on the radio to banish the silence and continued to drive.

Eventually, I pulled up outside the house, my heart beginning to hammer out of control and my hands beginning to shake a little.

I turned to him, "W-we're here..." my voice wobbled and I faked a smile.

He glanced at me then back down, "What if they don't like it? Wh-what if they don't agree with...us?" He whispered.

I placed a hand on his thigh and turned his head so that he would look at me, "They'll just have to put up with it."

That was the first little bit of truth I had spoken to him, not a oh, Roger, it will be fine.

And it kind of made me feel stronger, to say that if they don't agree, I still want him, they won't be able to do anything to keep us apart.

I kissed his lips and a tiny smile lifted them.

"Come on. The sooner we get in there the sooner we can get out." I ruffled his hair and we piled out of the car.

I lead him to the door and swallowed my fear, knocking on it and nervously awaiting.

Almost straight away the door swung open and my mothers beaming face greeted the both of us, "John! My darling..." she bundled me into her arms and squeezed me tightly. I had missed my parents...

"Hello, Mum. I-I hope you don't mind but Roger has tagged along." I smiled.

Her eyes darted towards him, "Of course not! There's more than enough food to go around." She took his hand warmly, "If I'm not mistaken we've briefly met before." She grinned at him.

"Yes, Mrs Deacon, we have, a-a while ago..." he stuttered.

"Oh, call me Lilian!" She rushed over to stir something in a pan, "It's always nice to know that John has some friends around, he never really did at school!" She sang.

"Mother..." I hissed. Exchanging awkward glances with Roger at her calling him my friend.

"I'll go and get your Father." She grinned.

Once she was out of sight Roger rushed over to me, "When are you going to tell them about us?!" He hissed, looking desperate.

"When I feel the time is right." I quickly replied.

"My son!" My dad suddenly came bursting through the door with his arms wide open, he took me in a man hug, "How are your studies going? Still working hard, I hope." He squeezed my cheek.

Shit. I'd not had the heart to tell them I was no longer studying what with Queen being successful.

They had turned a blind eye on the music and Queen part of my life, they were not interested and were still stubborn that it was just an evening thing I did, nothing serious. When it was the dire opposite.

I nodded awkwardly.

"Roger, isn't it?! I believe we have met before." He too took Rogers hand in a firm hand shake.