Rebounding.

Rogers P.O.V.

I escaped from Fred's room, realising this conversation wasn't going to go any further and he wasn't going to come downstairs until he has to go to Charlie's.

I called John from the top of the stairs and he came jogging, I motioned for him to follow me into my room, which he did, I closed the door behind us.

"What's up?" He asked.

I groaned, sitting on my bed with my head in my hands.
"Fred told Brian he liked him."

I heard him gasp and he hurried over to sit beside me.

"Brian played the the arsehole card and made Fred tell him...then reminded him that he wasn't gay."

"Seriously?" He asked irritated.

I nodded.

"Is he fucking joking. What a dickhead move." I could see his face reddening from the anger that we were both feeling.

"Fred's in his room just laying in the dark with his heart hanging out of his arse. He's a mess, Deaks, and he's got this really bad cut on his arm that Brian bandaged up for him last night, it needs cleaning again but he's too closed off to let anyone near him."

"Why do you mean Brian bandaged him up last night?"

"He was up when Fred got in...by the sounds of things it was all going well until Brian told him he wasn't gay. I don't know the full story. He just told me bits..."

"Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck. Why the hell is he walking around like someone's died then?!" He motioned down to Brian, "He's the one that's hurt Freddie! What's his problem?!"

"Shhhh..." I stood up to calm Deaky who was getting more agitated by the second.

"When the fuck did Brian get home last night?"

I looked at him weirdly, "What do you mean? Bri was home all night last night..."

Deaky laughed evilly, "No. No he wasn't. Because when we got in it was late, before I went to bed I stuck my head around Brian's bedroom door to say goodnight in case he was still awake and he wasn't even fucking there. He was not in this house last night."

My eyes widened, "Sly bastard. Where the fuck did he go then?" I fell back onto my bed, racking my brains.

"You think he went to see this person he likes?"

"I don't know...maybe. But why would he come home at like...what, 4am? Why didn't he just stay over at their place?"

Deaky shrugged, "I don't know but he's up to something and we need to find out what he's doing because I for one, am not letting him go around breaking hearts just because he feels like it."

"We need get Fred up and about. To prove to Brian that he doesn't have a strong hold over everything that Freddie does. To make it look like he got over him quickly, that'd surprise the curly haired cunt." I stood up again, wanted to punch my fist through the wall.

"We have to. It's the only way."

"He's going on a date tonight. With that bloody Charlie guy." I shook my head in disgust.

"For real?" He said, taken aback.

"He said he really likes him...but I know he's lying. He's  just rebounding. If we're not careful he could go off the rails again like he did a few years ago, drink, drugs, sex. He's going to hit that 'I don't give a fuck' stage again. I know it." I panicked, we almost broke the band up when he did that last time.

"We need to get rid of Charlie! We'll let him have tonight, to clear his head a little but other than that we need to get rid of him."

We both nodded in agreement, ready for our mission.

We both piled out of my room and towards Freddie's. It was early evening and no doubt he needed to get ready to go for his date. Which I seriously wanted to cancel for him or gatecrash.
Or just tell Charlie to fuck right off. Prick.

We charged into Fred's room, John going straight for the curtains and flung them open letting in the last daylight, he also opened the window to let out the stench of a bad night.

"What the fuck?" He lazily propped himself up on his elbows.

I clapped at him, "Come on. Get in the shower. You stink. Wash that vomit out of your hair and that blood off your skin. Get a fucking shave. Make yourself look sexy and go date Charlie." We both stood at the end of his bed with our arms crossed.

He groaned and laid back down, "Go away."

"No. You need to show that bastard downstairs that he doesn't rule your life. That you're already over him. That he doesn't control your feelings. Fight back Freddie! Go on this date with Charlie and show him you don't need him to be happy." Deaks lectured.

He stared us out..."But he does make me happy..." I saw the glisten of tears in his eyes.

I rushed over to him, "I know he does, I know he's ripped your heart in two. But show him how much of a good time you can have without him. It might just make him come running back."

"Do you know...last night was the first time I cried for a long time..." he sniffed.

My heart broke.

John came rushing over to his other side and we just encased him in a loving hug, not wanting to let this fragile being go in case he shattered.

"Make yourself look drop dead gorgeous, plaster a fake smile on your face and walk downstairs as if you're having the best day of your life. It'll fucking torture him. I know it will." John soothed.

"Do you really think so?" He croaked.

"We know so. Here, I don't know what happened to this wrist of yours but it looks nasty and it needs cleaning and bandaging back up. Let me take this one off, go get a shower and then after I'll put another bandage on it for you, okay?" John smiled, patting his shoulder.

We both knew better than to ask what had happened to his wrist.

He nodded silently.

I got up and went over to his wardrobe and began to pull some clothes out.
"Oh this looks good on you, what about with these?" I threw a black jacket onto his bed that had puffy sleeves on it, and some white skin tight trousers.

He stared at my choice and suddenly cracked out into a smile and a little giggle, "Those trousers don't go with that jacket, darling." Any other time I would have been offended, but just to see him smile was a massive reward for me.

"Well alright, these ones." I threw some black leather ones over to him.

"I haven't worn these in a while, I guess I could wear them." He smiled but still, it was a sad one.

"Great, you've got your outfit ready, now all you need to do is freshen up!"

He was about to say something back when we both heard Deaky loudly gasp. Whilst I'd been suggesting outfit ideas, John had been taking off his bandage.

"What the fuck did you do?!" He seemed frantic.

And then I remembered, he said he'd had to climb up on top of a cage to get Charlie down and that's when he hurt himself...even more of a reason he should stay well away from this Charlie.

"Freddie it needs stitches!" John was shocked.

I peered over to take a look at his damage and soon regretted it, it was swollen, bloodied and weeping, it was deep and wide. It did indeed need stitches.

"No it doesn't! It'll be fine once I've been in the shower." He pulled it away and got up off his bed for the first time that day. "I'm going to go get one now."

"Remember to shave. You look strange with facial hair." I joked and earned a sarcastic look from him.