Mixed Signals.

Freddie's P.O.V.

I had never seen Roger cry. Not properly, not like this. A single angry tear or watery eyes that never turned into a sob. But this was frightening. His eyes were red, swollen and bloodshot, his cheeks flushed and his nose running, he had not only just started crying...he'd been bawling for a while.

He sniffed, wiping his nose on the back of his hand and looked down at the floor, "I-" he started, before choking on a sob and covering his mouth with his hand, shortly moving it to cover his face as it screwed up, producing more fresh tears as he turned away from me.

"Roger!" I exclaimed in worry, rushing over to him, I was still covered in water droplets and my hair was still saturated from the shower but I didn't care, and it seemed neither did he when I bundled him into my arms and his arms fell around my waist.

With a hand rubbing his back to calm his sobs and another on the back of his head as he cried onto my shoulder...I could only think of one culprit. John.

Now, I couldn't and I wouldn't immediately place the blame on him and just assume that it was Deaky that had upset Roger like this but as of right now, having not yet gotten an explanation from the distraught drummer, that was my only guess.

"Ssshhh, lovey." I tried to calm him.

After a few more minutes he collected himself slightly, lifting his head up from my bare shoulder, I let him go and his arms removed themselves from my waist, but we didn't step back from one another and remained very close.

I gazed into his watery eyes, searching for an answer, I didn't want to push him and upset him further.

Again, he sniffed, wiped his eyes and nose with the back of his hand and faked a bashful giggle, "S-Sorry...that was stupid." He croaked. Sniffing again and clearing his throat.

"Don't be ridiculous, Rog. Here, sit down." I patted my bed that we were stood right next to and we both sat down, I continued to look at him in shock.

"Sorry I...interrupted your shower." Tiny little sobs broke up his words like hiccups.

"I was done anyway. Don't worry about it." I smiled at him to try and make him feel better, a reassuring hand on his thigh.

He took a deep breath and exhaled with a wobbly sigh, looking down into his lap and twiddling with his fingers.

"You want to talk about it?" I asked, hushed.

He glanced up at me and swallowed hard, nodding very slightly.
"He...John...doesn't think we're working out." He whispered, I watched his bottom lip tremble.

My heart dropped and almost broke for him.

"Why ever not?" I squeezed his thigh as I saw more tears run down his cheeks.

He shrugged and turned to gaze out of the window, "I don't know..." he whispered, suddenly burying his face in his hands.

"He must have given you an explanation, surely." I soothed, rubbing his back again.

He shook his head and sat back up, staring straight at me, the pain in his eyes was real, he looked small and vulnerable...my heart hurt for him. I wasn't a largely affectionate being but I wanted to hold him forever.

"He didn't say anything. Just said we're not working." His voice was no more than a whisper.

"But that's so abrupt. What happened when you got back to your room?" I wanted...needed to know. I already knew I was too far into their relationship to leave it up to them...I was going to have to reluctantly step in and help. I just knew it.

A sarcastic little smile flashed across his face as he scoffed at my question, running his trembling fingers through his messy blonde hair, "As soon...umm...I-I don't know if I should say..."

"You can tell me."

"As soon as I got back...the first thing he asked me was if I had enjoyed having you fuck me..." he glanced at me and then returned his vision to the duvet.

My anger threatened to surface but I didn't want it to break free.

"He was still in a mood then?"

He nodded silently, "I tried to tell him that nothing is going on between us but he just doesn't fucking listen. It's like he wants there to be something happening, so he's got an excuse to get rid of me."

"That's fucking ridiculous." I spat.

"He still tried it on with me though! I don't know what to think...he's sending me so many mixed signals. One second we're not working out and the next my dick is in his mouth..." his voice broke and he took a deep breath to keep his sobs at bay.

"You let him do that?" I asked.

"No. No I...I did what you said. Tried to talk to him about not letting me advance with him but he got all uptight about it, just got angry and said I don't think we're working out."

That got me thinking, "Rog...you don't think he's being like his because of another reason do you? I don't think for one second he means what he's saying. I think he desperately wants to be with you. Have...sex with you. Like you said, I think he's creating this crazy scenario about us having an affair so that it will...it will make it look like you're the bad person and it's a valid reason to break it off with you. He does want to be with you, I know it. There's something awkward in the way." I pondered.

And I had a good idea about what it could be.

"Let me get dressed and then we'll go talk to him, okay?" I got up to go over to my wardrobe.

"No!" The drummer grabbed me and pulled me back down on to the bed, he shook his head vigorously with fear in his wide eyes. "I-I don't want to. He's like a ticking time bomb, if we push him he's likely to explode and it'll just make everything worse. Besides he's not there. He stormed out."

"Stormed out? Where to?!" This was so uncharacteristic of Deaky, he was usually so calm and collected.

"I don't know. The bar probably. Just...just leave him for a while, Fred." He was still gripping onto my hand as I stared at him.

"Okay." I whispered, nodding. Too concerned about this whole situation to smile, "But at least let me get dressed anyway."

He let go of my hand and I walked to the wardrobe, only remembering when I opened it that I hadn't unpacked yet.

"Shit." I groaned, throwing my suitcase on the bed.

"Want me to help?" The blonde asked as I unzipped it and began to pull out clothes to put away.

"If you could, dear." I turned to the drawers to put some stuff in when I heard a little giggle.

"Fred?"

I turned towards him to see him holding a little bottle up, "Have you been expecting to get lucky whilst we're here?" He grinned.

I burst out laughing once I saw that it was lube he was holding up, "Well you never know!" I winked.