Patricia.

Still Roger's P.O.V.

I skipped back downstairs but slowed my pace as I passed the living room, I peered in quickly on my way to the kitchen and saw Deaky laid back on the sofa, still staring straight ahead with his jaw closed tightly as if he was really annoyed.

I swallowed hard and paused in the kitchen, not knowing quite what to do. Ask him what was wrong and possibly annoy him further? Don't ask him and create the potential for him to get even more pissed off because he thinks I don't care enough to ask what's wrong?
Just go back in and start talking as if nothing's happened?

I grabbed a bottle of vodka and some cola from the kitchen for when Freddie arrived, no doubt he'd want a drink. Probably not mixed with cola though.

I thought about stopping in the kitchen until Fred turned up but leaving John alone was a bit wrong of me. God. I was being such a wuss.

I gripped the bottles and went back into the living room.

Again, my mouth ran away with me.
"Freddie's popping over. To discuss the plan? Eager little so and so isn't he." I giggled whilst sneakily eyeing up Deaky to see his expression.

I was relieved to see a slight smile, but then he looked at me as though he was trying to communicate through mind power.

"What..." I asked.

"Is there something going off between you and Freddie?"

I almost dropped the vodka bottle. Why would he say that? He doesn't know I like men. He knows Fred wants Brian and he knows that's what I'm helping Freddie with.

I must have looked at him gone out and distant as he began to explain leaning towards me.

"I mean not like relationship wise because I know you're not into men..."

Oh, Deaky. If only you knew.

The tipsy feeling was beginning to wear off a little but I still was confident enough to ask and answer questions. Still too involved in this situation to back down and disregard anything with a shake of the head. I was all for dropping subtle hints.

"Oh god no! I...I like somebody else but, but wh-what do you mean?"

A quick smile flashed across his face before it disappeared as quickly as it came.
"I don't know, you and Freddie, you're always...together, whispering. Secretively." He shrugged acting casual but I knew he wanted to find out.

Come to think of it, myself and Fred hadn't really kept this whole thing a secret very well, I mean, we whispered to each other like children in a playground in front of John and Bri, of course one of them had to catch on sooner or later, I just hope nobody had actually heard any of the words we spoke.

I shook my head, "No, nothings going off." I shrugged, trying to sound as innocent as possible.

"Huh, must just be me then..." he said, like he knew I was lying. "Who do you like then? Come on, spill it."

Every question John asked was like another blow to the stomach, another reason for my eyebrows to raise and my eyes to grow wider as if I was petrified of his every ask. Every time I tried to answer I stammered which was awful, it made my answers seem less sincere.
I thought I was still confident, but soon realised I was only confident in asking the questions, not answering. This particular one had made me feel shrunken to the size of a pea. I got bashful. Blushed and giggled. My palms began to sweat as I fidgeted and panicked, what do I say? Lie? How could I even dare to drop a hint when the person I liked was the person who asked?

"J-just...somebody." I stuttered.

He was sat cross legged, facing me again, his mood swing from earlier seeming to have disappeared but I was still confused as to what was wrong with him but right now that wasn't what I could think about. It was the fact that this beautiful specimen sat closely in front of me, the smell of his heavenly cologne drifting through the room, looking eagerly at me, was the one person who didn't think I liked men. He didn't like them either. But I wanted to tell him I did. Just like any person would want to tell their best friend. I had a strong urge. I wanted to tell him. In case there was any slight possibility in this universe that he too, liked men.