Chapter Six

School seemed to drag on today.  The only thing on my mind right now, was Brian leaving today.  I keep telling myself it’s only two months, but still.  I hate being away from him.  When class was over, I got a ride home with Chloe and her boyfriend, Joel.  I had to drag myself inside, and up to my room.  I crashed on my bed, and I had no intentions on moving.  “You’re home finally!” Brian hollered, coming into my room.  I still lay belly down on my bed. “I’m home and my head hurts.”  He jumped on my bed, and hovered over me.  He didn’t lean on me, just hovered over me.  I felt his hot breath reach down my neck, “I got to leave in a few hours.  I groaned loudly, “Don’t remind me.” I rolled over, and was shocked by how close he was.

                “Why do you have to go?” I asked softly.

                “You know I don’t want to go.” He replied.

He collapsed beside me with a huff. 

I nudged his side, “Two months should go by fast.” I gave him a smile.

                “Still, it’s two months.  Six was even worse.”

I turned on my side to face him completely, “You are coming back, right?”

He stared at me like I was crazy, “Of course I’m coming back.  I have some unfinished business.”

I smiled, “Good.”

“Promise to call every day?” He asked.

I nodded quickly.

                “Skype too?”

I nodded again, letting a tear fall.  He frowned, and pulled me into a hug.  His arms wrapped tight around my shoulders, pulling me even closer.  “I’m going to miss you…a lot.” He whispered against the top of my head.  “I’ll miss you more.” I gave him a little squeeze.

He chuckled a little, “You know that’s not possible.”

He pulled away, and looked down at me.  “You have no idea.”

He poked my nose, “You have no idea.”  He leaned into me, kissing my cheek for a long second.  He pulled me into another hug before letting me go once again.  “I’ll see you soon.” He brushed a hand across the cheek he had kissed.  I gave him the best smile I could, even though I wanted to cry.  I think I’m more frustrated than anything.  He gave the top of my head one long kiss, and he jerked away from me.  He walked to his car quickly, and got in.  I waved to him as he backed out of the driveway.  This is going to suck…

*One month later*

I hurried home after school, to get on Skype to talk to Brian.  I closed my door, and jumped on my bed.  I flipped my computer open, and Skype was already opened.  I felt my phone buzz in my pocket, and I grabbed it out.  “Get on Skype already!” it was from Brian.  I smiled to myself when I saw he was already calling me on Skype.  I accepted the call, and Brian’s face popped up on my screen.  “Where did you find time to get on the computer?” I laughed.

Matt was a few feet behind him, trying to get his attention.  “I’ll only be a few minutes.” Brian called.  Matt waved him off, and he turned to face me again.  “You know I have to make time for my favorite person.” He smiled.  “Hey!” I heard Jimmy yell.

I giggled, “How the hell did he hear that?”  Soon enough, Jimmy’s face was next to Brian’s.  “I hear everything.” He whispered.  He gave Brian’s back a smack before walking off to join Matt.  The room was really bright.  “So, I have good news and bad news.  What do you want first?” he asked.