Chapter Thirty-Four;

“We’re finally here!” I exclaimed and fell onto the bed of the hotel room.  After a good plane ride and a few hours on the road, we were finally at the location we needed to be at.  Brian and I had our own room, and finally some privacy.  I heard Brian’s laugh before he jumped on top of me and rested his head on my chest.  I ran my fingers through his hair as he snuggled closer.  “What time is it?” he asked with a yawn.  I glanced at the bedside table, and reported, “Almost midnight.”

He groaned and sat up.  “Why?” I asked.

                “The guys want to go out, and grab a couple of drinks.”

I sat up, wrapping my arms around my legs.  “Don’t you work tomorrow?”

He shook his head.  “Not until the evening.  So I’ll be fine.” He turned to me and smiled.

                “Well don’t be gone too long.”  I stood from the bed, and walked to my suit case.  I grabbed out a pair of night clothes as Brian stood up.  He stood in front of me, and lifted my head between his hands.  “Two hours.” He whispered before giving me a quick kiss.  He kissed me again, this time a little bit longer.  “Don’t wait up.” He spoke before bringing my lips back to his.

I pulled away just an inch, “I didn’t plan on it.”  I kissed his cheek and stepped back.

There was loud banging on the door, followed by Matt’s booming voice.  “Have fun.” I gave him a small smile before retreating to the bed with only the sound of the door slamming behind Brian.

“What’s going on today?” I asked Brian.  I sat on the bed, and leaned back on my hands.  It was going on 5:00 P.M., and he was getting ready to leave.  He stepped out of the bathroom, and grabbed his jacket from the spot beside me.  “A press conference.  I shouldn’t be long.  And when I get back, I’ll take you to dinner.”

I stood up and took a step towards him.  “Or, we could stay in tonight with pizza and a movie?”

He slipped on his jacket, and smiled.  “That’s fine with me.  I’ll see you in a few.”

I nodded, and he left the room without another word.

After a good four hours, Brian returned.  I got out of bed, and met him halfway.  "Hey, babe." he smiled and gave me a quick kiss.  "Hey yourself..." I mumbled.  "How was everything?"

He shrugged and slipped his jacket off.  "It was fine.  We play our first show in two days."

I nodded, "Good."  I couldn't hide the fact I was miserable here.

He took a step towards me, and squeezed my chin between his fingers.  "What's wrong?"

I let out a sigh, trying to think if an excuse.  But I couldn't.  "I just thought I would be able to spend more time with you.  All I do is sit in here and wait for you."

He gripped my face softly, "I'm sorry.  But this is what I came here to do." he whispered.

                "I know, and I'm sorry I'm acting like this."

He tucked a lose strand of hair behind my ear.  "It's fine.  Don't worry."  He kissed my forehead before walking to the bed, and pulling his shoes off.  He moved to the top of the bed, and patted the spot beside him.  I smiled, and climbed in next to him.  I rested my head on his chest, and threw my leg over one of his.  His arm found my waist, and he held me tight.  "Sorry I ruined our plans." he whispered.

                "Don't worry about it."  And before I knew it, I was asleep.

I jumped up when I heard the loud banging on the hotel room door.  Brian jumped up, too.  I looked at the clock, and it was four in the morning.  Who the hell is that?  I bet it's one of the guys just playing a prank.  As always.  I hide behind Brian as he walks towards the door.  He swings it open quickly, and there stood a wide eyed Matt.  "What the hell, man?" Brian let out a relieved sigh. 

Matt looked like he was about to cry.  "We need to talk."

                "This can't wait-"

                "No, we need to talk now."

I could tell Brian was angry as he pushed Matt out of the door way, and he followed him.  I couldn't hear anything from inside the hotel room.  So I paced the floor until Brian came back into the room.  Once he returned, and held up a hand before I could ask any questions.  "All I'm going to say is that, Matt and Charlottes wedding is off."

My heart fell.  "Wait-what?"

                "I can't get into details about it.  So just leave it at that."

                "Who cheated?"

He looked at me curiously.  "I'm not stupid, Brian.

He rolled his eyes.  "She did.  With some guy she works with.  Apparently it's been going on for quite some time.  Now can we please go back to bed?"

                "He must be devastated..." I muttered and followed Brian back into bed.

                "He might even be relieved.  He's always said he misses being single."

I looked up at him.  "Do you miss being single."

                "Not at all."

I smiled.  "Good to know."

Show day!  Matt has actually been doing well.  He was depressed for a day, and he seems to be doing better than before.  He was roaming around the dressing room, practicing vocal exercises he does before every show.  Everyone else was just lying around, not doing much of anything.  Brian was sitting next to Johnny, talking about something I had no interest in.  Zack was on the phone, and Jimmy was playing with his drumsticks.

                I just stood by the door, and watched it all happen.  I'm thankful for these boys, and I don't know what I would do without them.  "Show time in five minutes!" One of the workers came in and said before leaving.  The guys all stopped what they were doing, and stood in a circle.  They made a speech, and thanked their family before throwing their hands in the air.  They all flowed out of the dressing room, and Brian was last.  He stopped to give me a quick kiss, and left.  I could actually get used to this.  It wasn't as bad as I thought the second night we were here.  I was just a little lonely, so I found ways to occupy my time while Brian was busy.

                After the show, we all went out for dinner, and returned to the hotel.  It was almost two in the morning, and the guys decided to have a few, well more than a few, beers at the restaurant.  They all were a bit drunk.  Matt was mumbling about Charlotte, and how he wanted her back, Johnny and Jimmy were giggle drunks, and Zack was half asleep.  I made sure they were all in bed before I had to drag Brian back into the room.

                I tried pulling his jacket off, which didn't take much effort.  He shrugged it off, and pounced on the edge of the bed.  I took his shoes off, and he lay back on the bed.  He sighed, followed by a giggle.  "What's so funny?" I asked.

He wiggled his arms like a child, "Nothing.  I just love you."

                "I love you, too, Brian.  Now scoot up on the bed."

He did as I said, and I soon joined him.  I rested my head on his arm, and he pulled me close.  I felt his lips touch my ear, and he whispered something I wasn't going to forget in the morning.

 ----------------------

This story will be coming to an end in the next maybe three chapters.  I've been dragging it out for awhile, and I know how I want it to end.  There won't be a sequel, and you'll see why.

Thank you to everyone who has been reading, and stuck with me through the book.

I love you all! <3